Galaxy S22 Ultra...Pretty Impressive Camera

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Pretty good camera phone. Most all of them have gotten better over the years. However, in all truthfulness, that fully zoomed photo of the water tower is showing pixelation. That is the main reason that I don't rely on phones for my photography. 108 megapixel is actually astounding to a degree, but even that size of MP is still dependent upon the lens in the camera/phone to get good photos.

That said, without looking at "original" photos directly from your phone, I can't say anything but that most of the rest of your photos are pretty darn good. Posting photos to a forum in most instances causes the pictures posted there to be diminished, usually in "image size." That might even be part of the problem of that fully zoomed photo being pixelated.

I understand the 100x photo isn't top quality. The point is, it's on a cell phone and if you could see the right side of the tower you'd easily be able to read what's on it from nearly 3 miles away. Personally, I think that's pretty amazing for a phone. For a good, stand-alone camera, or even a quality bridge camera, not so much.

And, yes, they do look much better on a computer screen. I didn't do any editing other than resize them for posting on the forum.

And part of the problem is the operator. I like photography...I just suck at it for the most part. It's just a hobby and I enjoy it. But with a camera/phone like this I'm finding I don't take my real cameras out nearly as much as I used to.

GunSlingingPlatypus

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
5G is a deal breaker for me. I have learned too much about the 5G "system". Still impressive though.
Laughs in conspiracy theorist. You probably believe contrails are the government spraying chemicals into the air using private company airlines. 5G is nothing more than the "5th generation of GSM". If you believe 5G is bad for you, then 4G and 3G bandwidths would be even more harmful. It is not deadly nor does it pose anymore of a health issue than the previous generations of wireless communications. In 10 years 3G and 4G will no longer exist and we will be in 5G and 6G.

Latest posts

Top Bottom