Garage Door Springs/Inflation/Much suckage

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Letfreedomring

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here’s a link
https://smile.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07H4BGY1W?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_image
It comes with MyQ that allows me to control and monitor the door from my phone.

It’s quiet and has worked great. I’ve had it over a year and the door opens at least 4-5 times a day.

It also removes all the stuff in the center of the garage door and ceiling.
So how do you open the door when power goes out? Seems like it might be more important in these times... thx

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Unlock the deadbolt, pull the safety realease, then lift the door like any other spring assisted garage door.

Some models have a battery backup.

05A9F0D8-52E2-4F49-86C8-702111F0F3C9.jpeg

B2F934F2-4791-4CD8-8CFC-B146BF5E66C2.jpeg

rickm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We were in the middle of converting all our door openers to these ^^^^^ when i left had about 10 or 12 already they were the easiest to operate and work on in all the ones we had in the past.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That doesn’t sound right to me. If the springs are loaded properly and the garage door opener unattached the door should go up easily with one hand barely trying. But not on its own. That shouldn’t mess with a garage door opener.
Thats exactly what my garage door guy told me. It's all about the spring settings. He was going to come out today to do a tune up as it's creaking and making noises. When he leaves, it will be silent.

Since HVAC was mentioned in this thread: Our unit had a capacitor fail last week on the condenser fan so I've been running it set to 60 degrees during the day to keep it running until the house gets cold enough to hang meat in the evening, then shut it off for the night. I'll start it back up in the morning having to give the fan a spin with a screwdriver to get it turning. No caps in town other than at the dealer so he finally got here today.
I'll be calling his company in the morning to give him a great pat on the back. Best HVAC guy I've ever encountered. Most want to throw some parts on it, try to upsell something and get the hell out.
This guy installed the caps, and asked if he could wash out the condenser. Heck YA!
Then he noticed it started a little slow when the system came on and the compressor didn't come on for a minute or two. I had noticed that previously and thought it was normal as it was the first heat pump we had ever owned.
He came in, looked at the smart Bryant thermostat, changed the wiring, and went to the attic to check the horizontal unit up there. It had been wired wrong at installation as well. It was wired as if we had a two stage unit, and was calling for it to come on until it timed out to go the first stage.
We only have a one stage unit installed. The heat cycle was also mis-wired making the emergency heat strips come on in the winter at the same time the heat pump started when they were not called for by super low temps.
He said we should see a lower bill this winter.
2lb low on freon as well. He commented it could have been improperly charged when installed and only charged me for the freon used with no labor. 4 ton unit is only 6 years old.
I was impressed with his service visit!

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have been hearing about the A1 Garage Doors offer of $1,000 for your old door.

https://a1garage.com/resources/special-offers/
Bit of a scam I think.
Action door in Tulsa quoted me a new door a couple days ago at like 1600 (may be my special price since they've put doors on all my rentals) installed for 16 ft door. So I doubt they're gonna give you a new door for 600 and your old door.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Everything is going up. I saved up the money to replace the broken hinge assembly on our rear storm door. $76 for a piece of trim with some hinges on it. And they are plastic to boot. Well parts of them. Now all I need to do is catch a day that is not so blasted hot. Not sure I can do it myself buy I am going to try I think. Well unless the wife freaks out again.

Raido Free America

Radio Free America
Special Hen
Reaction score
Prolly didn't have the moxy to crank down on the axle set bolts to the shaft.
Don't try this with screw drivers! I had a large screw driver thrown 30 feet, just missing my head, (DUMB LUCK) and it would have gone through the outside wall if it hadn't been brick, plus this spring literally skinned my hands trying to catch it!

Latest posts

Top Bottom