Gas prices

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Biden has reduced our national oil reserves to it's lowest point since 1986 and shipped it overseas. Now he is really screwing with national security but no one does a thing. Except us-we pay more at the pump.
I'm beginning to think that neither Obama or Biden likes us too very much. I guess that when the wife asks where her birthday gift or anniversary gift is we can honestly tell her Biden took it.

hunter966

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Gas your boat up at a marina. Friends of our son's were at Beaver Lake in Arkansas over the 4th. The marina they gassed up at sells only 91 octane pure gas. Eleven dollars a gallon. Yep. Sixteen gallons = $176. They thought there was a mistake, so called them on it. Nope. No mistake.
At least one marina on Kaw was getting Nine Dollars a gallon.
Gosh dang, wonder if it came with Vaseline and a kiss after that hose job??😁

JEVapa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
I got a question maybe someone can answer. The gas at the Oncue and 7/11 are 4.23 and 4.25. The 7/11 and Oncue at May and Hefner are 4.43 a gal., how does 5 miles difference account for the higher gas prices? Just wondering.
Putin and evil capitalists. Sometimes different city taxes too. Regardless, most of these places have a higher margin on a candy bar than they do gas.
Get Gas Buddy or Around Me and go find the cheapest gas. Sam's is usually it.

rc508pir

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Putin and evil capitalists. Sometimes different city taxes too. Regardless, most of these places have a higher margin on a candy bar than they do gas.
Get Gas Buddy or Around Me and go find the cheapest gas. Sam's is usually it.
That's true. Especially with Convenience Stores. Their money is made inside the store

JEVapa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
Doing the math from @SlugSlinger, all of these places are running <10% over their cost. In Sam's case, <4%...they sell so much volume is other stuff, the gas is lost in the numbers.
SB aren't making sh*t except to cover cost to provide gas...look at what it would cost if they actually put a margin that made them money, say 15-25%. The gas is bait to consumers inside to buy stuff that they can make money on.

Latest posts

Top Bottom