Geo. Kaiser wants to turn Tulsa into Austin!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
At $400 million, where are the dinosaurs? :drunk2:
No kidding. Even though the place is nice and there are many more things to do at the park than you can see from the pictures, it didn’t cost 400 million. However, I must have seen 50 people that were working, so I suspect that at least part of the money is sitting in a trust somewhere and earning some kind of return to fund the park’s maintenance and employees without the need for people to pay to enjoy it, but that’s just a guess.

donner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
$400,000,000 for a park is insane. 1/10 of that is over the top.

i'm sure a chunk of it also helped with the tunneling of riverside drive, which made that space far more useful.

But beyond that, i do agree it's a lot of money. But i'm not sure i'd say 'over the top' per se. Seeing as how it's his money, i am appreciate that he chose to spend it on better tulsa instead of a yacht or other such things. I can't imagine he'd see a financial ROI in his lifetime, but seeing as it's an investment that goes beyond financial return, i'm guessing he is okay with it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom