Get a box of Kleenex for Boomer Nation

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matt Giroux

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I hate to see Riley leave but hey, good luck and good riddance to him. Stoops will do just fine through the bowl game. If Stoops does not continue, I hope OU pulls in a highly sought after coach that has lots of ties to the SEC. That would surely help them entering the SEC.
I think this is why Brett Venables would be a good option, he is familiar in that area and no doubt has the ties out there. Although it would also look good to be able to pull an OC from the NFL depending on what team its from.
Boy I know the fan base is really fired up. They've been calling him soft and a liar and a lot of other bad names. This is for coach whose record at OU is 55 -10 over 5 years. I believe there is some validity though about the argument of moving to the SEC. He has been the big dog in the Big 12 for a quite a while. I don't think the proposition of him moving to a stronger conference where he might not be so dominant to find it very appealing.
I think this hits the nail on the head, he wants to stay a big fish and he would not be that in the SEC. I think Joe and the administration knew that would happen if they went, but the money to be made moving conferences was more important to them than keeping Riley.

emapples

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I just wonder if they will bring in Mark Stoops, it's really a bad time to be trying to hire a good coach there's not many good ones to go around.
MArk Stoops, Josh Heupel, Kingsbury, I have heard it all lately, personally I‘d go after Nick Saban he was pretty fired up at Alabama fan base last week ……lol that would be some astounding news

Ryan500L

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
MArk Stoops, Josh Heupel, Kingsbury, I have heard it all lately, personally I‘d go after Nick Saban he was pretty fired up at Alabama fan base last week ……lol that would be some astounding news
or Urban Meyer. I just have a feeling it will be Mark Stoops and Gary Patterson as an over paid defensive coordinator

emapples

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
or Urban Meyer. I just have a feeling it will be Mark Stoops and Gary Patterson as an over paid defensive coordinator
NOBODY is gonna touch Urban Meyer ….. unless its a mens prison team and even then he may find a way to get into trouble there. Could be Aranda hope not, I would think they would be willing to spend big this time so the sky is the limit . They will need to make a splash with the SEC move looming they know its go big or go home on this one so i would guess it will be a very lucrative offer.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rumor is that OU was negotiating with Riley to match the LSU offer money when he pulled the USC card on them. I don't think OU can offer enough to get Saban or a Meyer until they are playing in the SEC. Maybe then they can but I doubt it can happen right now.

emapples

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rumor is that OU was negotiating with Riley to match the LSU offer money when he pulled the USC card on them. I don't think OU can offer enough to get Saban or a Meyer until they are playing in the SEC. Maybe then they can but I doubt it can happen right now.
WE dont want Urban Meyer (nobody would feel safe with there daughters on campus with Meyer:laugh6: , Saban would be a definite yes. I am going to say Josh Heupel might be in the running here, Aranda would likely be in the running.

What pisses me off the most is Bedenbaugh jumping ship too, thats kind of dirty. Lincoln did OU dirty and that will always cost you in the long run……. Good riddance

Latest posts

Top Bottom