Getting a Kindle

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm interested in this thread. I read a lot. My book budget gets stretched on occasion as I read fast. Not Evelyn Woods speed read fast, but can go through a medium novel in a day while in the stand during deer season..

MISph1t

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Bought my oldest a Nook. We went for the $199.00 version that includes 3g. That way he doesn't have to find a wifi hot spot to get a book.

We also went with the 2 year replacement warranty. Pretty much if there is a piece of it left to send in they will replace it. I believe that was an extra $50.00.

The new color one is very cool but he's color blind so he wasn't really interested in that one.

gsarg

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We got my MIL the new charcoal one. I thought it was going to be lame, but it's a very cool gadget

tul9033

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wife's got one and really likes it. She likes the ability to get all of those old books for free. Definitely not an iPad, more of a digital book reader :D
There is the Wi-Fi for wireless hot spots and the 3G for cellular internet.

SoonerDVM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I love my kindle.

I always recommend that you get the more expensive one, the one with the 3g. Otherwise, you have to have access to wi-fi.

There are indeed plenty of free classics, and even current bestsellers are very reasonably priced.

RCM

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I bought my wife the nook for her birthday and she loves it. She likes the nook over the other ones she said because it was lighter. However I havent checked the weight personally

Latest posts

Top Bottom