Getting stronger, faster and better

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SKTK135

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I wished on running. I ran 5 to 6 days a week till I was 53. But yes on keeping strength training up, it greatly helps in old age. Loved running as well as all the physical challenging sports!
I’m 62 and still playing a young man’s game. I completely understand the limitations we face as we get older. I’ve been blessed with good knees and overall health so far. I do hurt all the time it seems though. The price for staying active I guess. We just have to find what we can do and do it to our best ability.

Marshall Luton

Defensive Shooting Academy
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thought it might be a good view for some to check out Jocko Podcast #384 with Echo Charles and Dave Castro.
Conversation from the team’s prospective including civilian prospective regarding physical preparation for combat and our day to day lives.
Running, free weights, cross fit and shooting sports.
What up homie!!!!!! Haven't been on here in over a decade. Saw your ugly mug and wanted to say hi! Hope all is well in your world. Miss you brother.

Jgibs0321

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A lot of shooters scoff at these topics. But I agree. Once you have the fundamentals of marksmanship and mechanics for operating your particular weapons, you should shoot under discomfort as much as possible. You will find out just how disciplined you are, what needs work, and your actual limits. Love range workouts, though you cant hardly do that anywhere without private land

gmar

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A lot of shooters scoff at these topics. But I agree. Once you have the fundamentals of marksmanship and mechanics for operating your particular weapons, you should shoot under discomfort as much as possible. You will find out just how disciplined you are, what needs work, and your actual limits. Love range workouts, though you cant hardly do that anywhere without private land
You should look into doing a run n gun event! It entails carrying your gear for 4-8 miles depending on what course you sign up for and there’s 6-8 shooting stations along the way.

The shooting stations are designed to make you shoot from uncomfortable positions with movement and while under stress.

It’s a great way to test yourself and your gear!

Latest posts

Top Bottom