Giraud Case Trimmer - .223

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nick710

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a couple thousand rounds of brass that need trimming. In years past, I've always trimmed them on my table mounted trimmer (that I attached a drill motor too) then chamfer and debur in a separate operation.

As you can imagine, this takes forever and I usually end up with several layers of hide wore off my fingers.

Was wondering if any one in the Stillwater area had a Giraud trimmer I could rent. Or maybe I could partner with a couple fellows and we could buy one.

I'm having a hard time justifying the expense for no more that I would need it.

Thanks in advance.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Never used a giraud, but I can usually trim a 1k in a couple of hours with a Dillon 650 and the electric trimmer. Could probably do it faster, but I'm in no big hurry.

Glock_21

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You might look at the WFT (Worlds Finest Trimmer) http://www.littlecrowgunworks.com/wft.html

I have one for 300 Blackout. You still have to chamfer/debur. I have one of the RCBS Trim Mate machines for that step. I also use the Trim Mate to remove the crimp.

There was also a guy on one of the Facebook groups (reloading related) that makes a trimmer similar to the WFT but it had a micrometer type adjustment on it.

Volmarr

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a couple thousand rounds of brass that need trimming. In years past, I've always trimmed them on my table mounted trimmer (that I attached a drill motor too) then chamfer and debur in a separate operation.

As you can imagine, this takes forever and I usually end up with several layers of hide wore off my fingers.

Was wondering if any one in the Stillwater area had a Giraud trimmer I could rent. Or maybe I could partner with a couple fellows and we could buy one.

I'm having a hard time justifying the expense for no more that I would need it.

Thanks in advance.

What brand trimmer do you have? I have a RCBS trimmer with a 3 way cutter that trims, chamfer, and deburs. You might see if they make one for your trimmer or if the RCBS cutter will work.

Latest posts

Top Bottom