Glock 17 Sights

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hitokiri03

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am going to be purchasing a Glock 17 within the next month and I am trying to figure out what to do about sights. I have only shot Glocks that had fixed Glock sights. I am not a big fan of the U and the front dot setup. I am a bigger fan of the 3 dot setup. I am thinking about getting some night sights. Would you all suggest I get the Glock night sights, Mepros, TruGlos, or Trijicons? Or is there another good brand that I am not mentioning? This gun's purposes will be: range gun, IDPA gun, and home protection gun. I hear that the fiber optic sights are not very durable. Is that true? Thanks for the help!

CAR-AR-M16

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a G17 with the tall Meprolight Adjustable Night Sights and a G19 with the Meprolight Fixed Night Sights. I am very pleased with both of them.

Hitokiri03

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thank you. I still don't understand all the internet acronyms. There are just so frakkin many.

I am hoping to get quite a few responses to get a good general polling size. I would post this question on Glock Talk, but the moderators have been SLOW on getting my account fully activated.:pissed:

CAR-AR-M16

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thank you. I still don't understand all the internet acronyms. There are just so frakkin many.

I am hoping to get quite a few responses to get a good general polling size. I would post this question on Glock Talk, but the moderators have been SLOW on getting my account fully activated.:pissed:

No problem. It took me a while to understand all of the acronyms as well.

Here is a pic of my G17 with the Mepro Adj. Night Sights. I needed their height to clear the suppressor.

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v389_CAR_AR_M16_Glock17.jpg

CAR-AR-M16

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have thought about eventually dicking around with a suppressor. What kind of barrel did you end up going with? Lone Wolf, KKM...

At first I used the Lone Wolf (that is what is in the pic), but I have since sent my factory barrel to Tornado Tech and they simply added a threaded extension to it. I prefer to stick with the factory barrel, but there were no issues with the Lone Wolf.