Glock 17L I Had Forgotten About.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CGS1

I'm Retired, Do It Yourself.
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was pulling some pistols out of one of my safes and came across this Glock 17L.
I dont remember when I purchased it but I do remember having the Mag Well installed (Cant remember who made it) at the gun shop I purchased it at, bringing it to the house, took it apart and ran a patch down the barrel to remove anything left over from the factory test firing, wiped it down and put it in the safe.
Pretty Awesome Looking Pistola.
A friend of mine that works in the gun industry told me today that he had heard that they would be discontinued and no longer produced, they were only produced in limited quantities from time to time as I understand.
.I may sell it, I dont know.
Anyway a nice surprise find from the depths of the safe.
You may want to pull some stuff out of your own safe, you may surprise yourself with a long lost friend.
IMGA0626.jpg
IMGA0625.jpg

Last edited:

Tanis143

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wish I could do that, sadly I just started my collection earlier this year and can count the number of firearms I have on one hand :/

Oh well, I still have plenty of years to collect. Though I will need a bigger house, our closet won't fit another safe and my wife sure as hell won't give up room on her side lol.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They still make them off and on. Mostly off. I got a new one last year. They are all Gen 3s IIRC. That long barrel shoots like a laser if you can get past the craptastic Glock trigger. :blush:

killerpigeon

Native off the Reservation
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wish I could do that, sadly I just started my collection earlier this year and can count the number of firearms I have on one hand :/

Oh well, I still have plenty of years to collect. Though I will need a bigger house, our closet won't fit another safe and my wife sure as hell won't give up room on her side lol.
Ha ha, I remember those days. Now I'm looking at buying another safe cause the one I bought in April is packed full. Give it time and money, soon enough you will have a grand collection.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Tanis143

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ha ha, I remember those days. Now I'm looking at buying another safe cause the one I bought in April is packed full. Give it time and money, soon enough you will have a grand collection.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I wish that was true. Wife has already banned any more firearm purchases for this year. I think she is a bit worried since I bought my first pistol back towards the end of april(along with a gun safe). Since then I've added two new pistols and an AR I inherited. So on average a firearm per month. Not to mention the money for the range membership, ammo, a few holsters, ammo, a range bag, a smaller case for the AR, ammo, cleaning kits, ammo, etc. She said something about the amount of money (she was teasing) and I pointed at her yarn stash and reminded her that one of her bins can be valued at $5k or more.

Latest posts

Top Bottom