Glock 21SF to a HK USP .45, pros/cons?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cavedweller

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've recently been wanting to switch from Olyellerized G21SF to a full sized HK USP .45 ACP. In your opinion what will I lose or gain from this switch? Other than Olyeller's handiwork?

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I wouldn't recommend selling that G21SF. I had one he did, and I traded it, and now wished I had it back.

okiebertt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm a big fan of the USP series, very reliable and accurate. And I like being able to carry it cocked and locked. Mags and parts are more expensive than Glock. Any way you can just keep the Glock and buy the HK?

mhphoto

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Love my USPc. I learned to shoot on my BIL's full size USP .45, so I shoot it well (better than my USPc actually). But the 21SF is a sweet handgun. Why not save up and keep both?

RobC

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I prefer Glock to HK, but not in the 45 frames. I would sell the Glock and get an HK, but not a USP. The HK45 has multiple grip configurations and a much better rail.

Rob

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
you sir are crazy

Not in my opinion. The trigger mechanisms on the HK's are overly complex. The HK's are bulkier and the bore centerline is high enough that the USP .45 will double as a nice see-saw in your hands.

Since that have greater mechanical accuracy than the G21SF, I guess they would be better than the 21 for slow fire target shooting. However, considering the price premium, you could drop a Vanek trigger and a Bar-Sto barrel in the 21 and have an accuracy equivalent to the USP that handles much better.

If I were considering a polymer framed replacement for the 21, it would be an M&P 45. FWIW, I have an olyeller reduced and stippled 21SF and love it! :)

Ignored Member

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I prefer Glock to HK, but not in the 45 frames. I would sell the Glock and get an HK, but not a USP. The HK45 has multiple grip configurations and a much better rail.

Rob

The Glock 21sf is a short frame model so the grip feels more like the 9mm/40 grip.

Me personally, I would stick with the glock because of the same reasons that glocktogo just mentioned. I've never been a fan of the heavy feel of the high bore centerline on H&K pistols.

RobC

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The Glock 21sf is a short frame model so the grip feels more like the 9mm/40 grip.

Me personally, I would stick with the glock because of the same reasons that glocktogo just mentioned. I've never been a fan of the heavy feel of the high bore centerline on H&K pistols.

I'm well familiar with the SF frame guns and was super-excited when I first heard about a G20 with a slim frame. I was quite disappointed when I held one for the first time. I wear a G22 concealed every day, but the bigger frames are too much for me, SF or otherwise.

Rob

Latest posts

Top Bottom