glock 26 problem!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Danielkines77

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i went to hh early this morning. I started shooting my g26 and everything is fine, im using winchester and blazer ammo. I shot about 200rds, and i had 2 or 3 stove pipes. and one cartridge failed to come out causing the slide to get stuck.... why is this happening? I wasnt limp wristing or anything!

Danielkines77

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
it was hit and miss, at random times. I have shot it before using blazer ammo and it has never stove piped on me. Its not new, its used. it has a kkm precision barrel on it.

Buzzdraw

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Some Blazer brass can be a feeding PIB. WWB is usually okay. Before your next range session give the G26 a good cleaning. At the next session, make sure your grip is a firm two-hand version. Make sure magazine is not cracked or otherwise damaged. If gun is still "coughing" after all this, then look really hard at it.

montesa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Out of the four G26s that I have owned and many Glocks I have never seen this even with new shooters, many of them female and limpwriting like no other. There has to be something wrong with the gun. Especially since you used two different types of ammo and multiple boxes.

BigRed82

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Make sure that you still have the "spring loaded bearing" - number 14 on this diagram.
http://gunbuilders.info/index.php?page=diagram-3

It is a small plastic piece on the end of the extractor/depressor/plunger spring. (13 & 12)
I had issues once on a G34 that was missing that piece. Its absence allowed just enough lack of pressure to not reliably extract and forcefully eject the cartridges.

Did you have the stovepipes with all of the mags or just some? Try using just one mag several times and see if it will do it, and then switch to the other mag.

jej

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had this happen to my glock 26 once, with Blazer ammo. It worked OK with hot self defense loads.

The problem was that I took the "not too much lube" thing a little too seriously. It had not been shot in a while and was dry. A couple more drops of lube fixed it, while at the range. I cleaned and lubed properly after I got home and it worked fine.

Sounds stupid, but try the easy fix first.

jej

Latest posts

Top Bottom