Glock 34 sight recomendations

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NINEROUND

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Anybody have any experience with any of the all black sights offered from Warren Tactical/Sevigney, Heine, or 10-8? I prefer and all black sight picture and am thinking of getting one of these systems for my 34. Any personal experience with the above listed brands, or possibly others I missed would be appreciated. Especially interesting would be the front sight height you used to get good top of front sight/center target holds. I will primarily be using the 115 gr factory cheap-o stuff and evidently you need to have the corresponding height front.

NINEROUND

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thats the first time I've ever heard about sight height matched with pistol ammo by bullet weight. Tell me more.

The differing bullet weights and corresponding velocities can create a significant POA/POI difference. I have experienced this first hand with my 1911 which has an adjustable rear. 230 gr doesn't shoot to the same POI as say, 185 +p or 200 gr. This isn't a problem since my rear sight on the Kimber is variable. Given that the sights I am looking at are all fixed rear, the only way to adjust impact between a 115 gr and 147 gr would be to have the proper front sight height for the given load. Since I will probably just shoot the 115 Wal Mart cheap-o stuff, I would like to get the proper front sight for that weight right off the bat and avoid having to file/replace/change it later on. I would like to be able to use a top of front sight/center of target sight picture to get hits vs. a six o' clock or some other sight picture. Maybe I should look at an adjustable rear so that I can zero for other loads in the event I have to shoot 147 grain.