Glock hater thinking of buying a Glock

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1911master

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
I have owned a number of Glocks. 45s, 40s and 9s I have never had any issues with any of them. My current go to pistol is the 48. It has been flawless thru about 250 rounds and I expect it to continue. I also have a custom 43 that runs like a top. As much as I will forever love the 1911 and Browning HiPower my got hand guns have been Glock for some time.

emapples

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This!
I’d add that the belief that they hold and are ready to tell you is not only is their Glock is superior but all others are pieces of donkey ****. I was neutral on them before, fired a couple but didn’t like they way they fit my hand as much as others. I remember when Ruger first came out with the SR9c, I wanted to get my hands on one so I go to a local gun shop and a guy asks me if he can help me. “Do y’all have the new Ruger SR9c?” He replied,” You don’t want that piece of ****, come get a real gun, a Glock.” From then on I was turned off of them. I’m sure they are a fine weapon but their are plenty of other fine weapons as well.
Exactly , I’d bet most of our negative opinions of Glock are based on the many sermons we’ve all heard from the Fan Boys (and girls) and not actual usage. I don’t really dislike them but they aren’t any better than the baseline poly guns flooding the market today, it’s those who feel every other weapon should bow to the alter of GLOCK that really turned me off on the brand. I’m a pretty big CZ fan but I don’t claim them to be superior to anything else, and if you like them shoot them, but I’ll take my 75-B over a G19 all day long. The Glock 43 is a great carry gun but I also have a S&W M&P Shield 9 that was much cheaper and equally as functionally and frankly dimensionally they are damn close

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
After carrying a Glock for so long, no other pistol feels right. Not saying Glocks feel "good" but they have ruined every other pidtol's chance for me because they (other brands) may feel "good" but they won't feel "right."

I think the 3rd gen Smith & Wessons of yesteryear, the 5906 especially, is one of the most overlooked pistols out there. And nothing, absolutely NOTHING, feels better in my hand than a 1911, but the Smith has that damned DA/SA trigger and I always forget to snick off the trigger of a 1911. Plus, they both weigh a ton and drag my britches down.

The Glocks are simple...draw, fire, holster. Repeat as necessary. My simple mind needs a simple pistol. So yeah, I don't really consider myself a Glock fanboy, but yeah...I dig 'em.

emapples

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
In the 80's when the damn plastic thing first came out I was at the range when a Glock salesman showed up. He politely waited utnil we were through and then walked up to the rangemaster who called us all together to watch a demo. He took out this black plastic thing, opened the chamber locking it to the rear, stripped out the magazine then like a kid skipping a rock on a pond, threw the black plastic thing into the dirt.

After watching this thing skip 3 times and all of us cringing at the sight of this heinous treatment of any firearm, he then walked over to it, picked it up shoved a full 9mm mag into it and proceeded to rip off 15 rounds with no stoppages.

He did the same drill again this time into the sandy area behind him and ripped off another 15 rounds. I was impressed but have still never owned one having had put all my eggs into a Para Ordinance and an officer's model for backup.

I have continued to watch these black plastic things grow into a national/worldwide love affair and was fully prepared to purchase one but came home instead with a subcompact 40 XD about 7 years ago. This was mainly due to my precursor 1911 days and the grip angle for me was spot on compared to the Glock.

This Christmas I have added a full sized .45 XDM (wife's idea) to my stable and still don't have a black plastic thing.
XD is also a black plastic thingy, I still have a 45 ans a 40 compact mod.. 2, and they’ve always been flawless for me just like the Glock, most guns I’ve fired have been flawless except for the Grand Power Xcalibur, it was a rental from USSA so no telling how much abuse it had suffered but that experienced swore me off of the grand powers

xseler

These are not the firearms you're looking for.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Life in plastic, it's fantastic!

From "I'm a Barbie Girl" by Aqua

I think the only full metal semi-auto pistol in my collection is a Colt Defender 45acp...……….. Wait, the Browning Buckmark is all metal.

Tanis143

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Glock is the Mac of the gun world. Are they good? Yes. Are they the best things on the market? Can't say because that is subjective. I hate Apple with an absurd passion. I liked Mac's when they had the powerpc chip in them, but now they are nothing but an Intel PC with a Unix based o/s. To me, the whole "Glocks are THE standard" argument is the same exact thing. I've heard people say they never have a problem, and I've heard people say their glock has given them nothing but problems. Same thing with Apple products. The only functional thing I dislike about glocks is they do not have a DA/SA model. Other than that its people who tell me I need to buy a Glock because I can't depend on other manufacturers like I can a glock firearm.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ya see, that's just it. Only thing I have done to mu sub 40 XD is change the mag release button to an extended one. I don't hot rod my guns if I don't have to. The grips are just fine. The smooth slide and mags function every time. In 5K rounds I have never had a stoppage. If I would have I would not use it for self defense. The only mods I think I need are a set of Trijos.

Latest posts

Top Bottom