Glock hater thinking of buying a Glock

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tanis143

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Guess I've been lucky. Don't own a Glock, but all 4 of my pistols have not had any issues.
Two different weapons? I'll have to check who made the ammo and research that.

Ah, missed the spot where you said the XDs was doing the same thing. Could be an ammo issue. I'm not too familiar with the XDs apart from shooting one in 9mm. Its something worth checking though. No harm in polishing the feed ramp and checking the rails and slide for rough spots that oil helps over come.

Ignored Member

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
How about the 43X? You’d lose a small about of barrel length, but I don’t think it would matter for its intended purpose. Mag capacity is also ten rounds.

https://us.glock.com/compare-pistol-details

I prefer the longer barrel for a slight increase in velocity and sight picture. It won't make a difference IWB.
It also looks a lot better than a stubby barrel on a full size grip.

Mr.357Sig

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yep. I've talked a lot of trash on Glocks, and I've seen a lot not live up to the "perfection" they're supposed to be, but I'm really interested in the 48.

It checks all the boxes I really want for a CC pistol; long enough grip for full hand to fit, slim profile for concealing, longer barrel for velocity, aftermarket will no doubt have an abundance of holster and sight options and easy to maintain should it need it.

I'm seriously considering getting one and putting at least 1k through it right away of mixed ammo to ensure reliability. Handloads, both plated and coated RN and HP, and factory RN and HP.
If it passes without failure I may carry it.

Ok.... let the smack talking commence.

Welcome to the Glock Side. The G48 is going to make a sweet summer carry gun.

Mad Professor

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I prefer the longer barrel for a slight increase in velocity and sight picture. It won't make a difference IWB.
It also looks a lot better than a stubby barrel on a full size grip.

You are exactly right. The 48 only adds about 3/4” to the muzzle length. This is easily and conformably concealed in a IWB holster.

The only reason I bought a 43x is for GSSF competitions. It falls in the subcompact class against the G26. The 48 has to compete against the G19 and G17.

If I was buying one to carry, I would choose the 43 or 48 over the 43x, depending on my carry method.

Dr. HK

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have never really liked Glock. I would purchase one, fire it and think oh yeah this is why I do not like glock. Then sell or trade. Then I get the itch and it is an endless cycle. I purchased a Glock 43 and love the thing. I also purchased the G19x but it is still new in box.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The MOS models in Gen 5 19 an 17. Don not have the notch/mag cutout. The early Gen 5 34 MOS did, but it was removed in the newest ones (and front slide serrations)

The notch in the Gen 5 17 notch does not bother me like the 19 does.

The Ameriglo Bold option is pretty nice, but the standard sights are still dovetail protectors destined for my trash can.
They should include a cheap aluminum drift, a FS tool and a small plastic sack for proper disposal! LOL!

ef9turbo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I dunno, I fancy my plastic guns. I can shoot them pretty well too; 2-3" groups at 25 yards off a barricade. They's cheap, easy to maintain, easy to fix whenever that is needed, and easy to shoot. They're a Honda/Toyota of pistols and hold their value (not that it's very high). Just like a little Honda Civic, you can make them run as hard and fast as a Lambo.

Regarding the new models, I'll stick to my G19 for the time being... It does everything I need it to...

Latest posts

Top Bottom