Glock lead shootin' barrel

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BKtul

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Where is the best place to get a good deal on a barrel for my Glock 22? I have some lead that I reloaded and want to plink with it and not have a major leading problem as well as pressure problems. My stock barrel cycles my reloads ok but I understand the after market barrels handle more pressure than the stock barrells. I hear they are available for about a hundred bucks. Lonewolf???
Thanks for your info.

WhiteyMacD

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think the issue with lead and factory barrels is, due to the rifling, a factory barrel will lead more than aftermarket without the polygonal rifling. Now, I have also talked to people who have put a crap ton of lead down their factory glock barrel. To be safe, I bought a KKM (a Lonewolf will do just as good), and made sure I monitored by brass for overpressure.

Key reasons for my purchase was standard rifling and fully supported chamber.

BKtul

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I cast them with about 50/50 linotype and plumbers lead. It has about 18 or so on the hardness scale.
I'm casting 175 gr flat nose and using 5.2gr cpp (military surplus) powder. I can't recall the speed off the top of my head. I think it's about 1000fps or the high 900s. Glock 22. they have 1.118 oal. I'm using a Lyman 4 holer mold. I found my records and they are at 1010 fps.
Do they seem safe to you JK?
Please don't tell me I'm about to blow my hand off.
Thanks for any input.
BK

Woodcutter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Does the Lee 2nd edition have data for the CPP surplus powder? If not, then I think you are in dangerous territory if you do not have loading data for that powder from a reliable source (from one of the major bullet or powder manufacturers or someone with a ballistic lab for measuring pressure).

You cannot go by the velocity. Pressure is what blows up guns, not velocity.

BKtul

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
My Glock 22 cycles them nicely without a hitch at all. Stock barrell.(Lonewolf on the way. )None of the brass is swelled. I've been told the CPP is close to unique. The jug has recipe on the label for .40s and calls for 6.4 gr CPP with 180 gr FMJ with Wolf SP primers, which is what I'm using,except for the bullet weight differnce. It gives 1000fps in a Glock 22. Would the 5 gr lighter bullet make a drastic difference? My 175 bullets are JHPs.
Thanks