Glock or XDM

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Foghorn

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
both are good quality weapons, I prefer the xdm simply because I shoot better with it. It fits my hand better than any of the glocks do. Best advice Ive got is borrow or rent one of each and see which one you like better. In the end whichever one works best for you is the "BEST"......

Fog

99TROUBLE

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
both are good quality weapons, I prefer the xdm simply because I shoot better with it. It fits my hand better than any of the glocks do. Best advice Ive got is borrow or rent one of each and see which one you like better. In the end whichever one works best for you is the "BEST"......

I completly agree. I prefer the XD's & XDM's to me they fit better & like the grip saftey.:thumbup3:

DestructoJr

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The XDM is going to have a higher magazine capacity than the glock, the XDM also has a match grade barrel and a few other twinks that make it more accurate out of the box. I have both the XDM in .40 and the Glock 22c, while I prefer the finish on the Glock, tennifer is so easy to clean the XDM is a really sweet shooting gun

Kid Glock

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Although XD/XDM's are fine pistols, I prefer the Glock.
Not a big deal but I don't care for the grip safety. but that's not the only reason. None of which are anything major, mostly just personal preference.

BuddyL

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Take coin.
With Magic Marker put a G (for Glock) on one side and a
S (for Springfield Armory XD) on the other.
Flip coin end over end into the air. (about 2 feet is enough)
If G come up buy a Glock, if S comes up buy a SA/XD, and if
it lands on the edge buy a Sig.
Works for me.

Quick_Draw_McGraw

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A lot depends on what you want to do with it. If you wanted something that would make a nice CCW gun then I'd stay away from the XDM, and get a smaller Glock. The XDM is a large frame pistol and with all the ammo it holds is pretty heavy.

If you just want a range gun / home defense type pistol you can't really go wrong with either one. If you can get to a range to rent guns, rent them both and figure out what you like.