Glock Upgrades and Conversions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sanjuro82

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well I'm new to this whole plastic gun scene. Bought myself a Gen 3 Glock 32 from a member here on OSA. And I went to the range to fire off a few boxes of .357 Sig that I purchased. Impressive round and of course the Glock performed flawlessly. That .357 Sig definitely barks loud and I was very impressed with the accuracy I was able to get with the round. Enjoyed the session immensely.

But here's my questions. I love some recommendations on some upgrades or addons that I may want to buy for my Glock. Probably 90% of my shooting is 9mm (not counting .22lr) so I'd like a pick up a 9mm conversion barrel for the 32. I've heard of both Lone Wolf and Storm Lake. Is one a better option for the other? Or do you recommend another brand that I'm not aware of?

Night sights, what do you all recommend? Are the steel or titanium guide rods worthwhile upgrades? I will doing a trigger job myself before getting a new connector or trigger spring. I think I'll probably buy a factory extended slide release. Does anyone have one, if so what are you thoughts?

Talon grips vs Skateboard tape?

Anyone has any other recommendations, or opinions, please let me know.

Thanks!

Cinaet

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've read you can buy a .357 Sig barrel and throw it into a Glock 23 for a cheap conversion. Apparently the 23 magazines work for either caliber. Can you go the other way? Can you put a Glock 23 barrel in a Glock 32 for a cheap/easy conversion to .40?

Last edited:

Honeybee

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Since you are going to get a new barrel, consider getting one that is longer and threaded for silencer use.
You will be glad you did when you decide to get a can or want to trade off the gun to someone who does want one.

I agree with the Turglo sights but check on ebay for best prices.

IMO Guiderod upgrade is not worth the price unless you are going to make this a race gun.

RaysZ71

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well I'm new to this whole plastic gun scene. Bought myself a Gen 3 Glock 32 from a member here on OSA. And I went to the range to fire off a few boxes of .357 Sig that I purchased. Impressive round and of course the Glock performed flawlessly. That .357 Sig definitely barks loud and I was very impressed with the accuracy I was able to get with the round. Enjoyed the session immensely.

But here's my questions. I love some recommendations on some upgrades or addons that I may want to buy for my Glock. Probably 90% of my shooting is 9mm (not counting .22lr) so I'd like a pick up a 9mm conversion barrel for the 32. I've heard of both Lone Wolf and Storm Lake. Is one a better option for the other? Or do you recommend another brand that I'm not aware of?

Night sights, what do you all recommend? Are the steel or titanium guide rods worthwhile upgrades? I will doing a trigger job myself before getting a new connector or trigger spring. I think I'll probably buy a factory extended slide release. Does anyone have one, if so what are you thoughts?

Talon grips vs Skateboard tape?

Anyone has any other recommendations, or opinions, please let me know.

Thanks!

Lets see here, Im no expert but I have had many glocks that I upgraded over the years and most everything you mentioned I did.

As far as night sights, I've always used Trijicon and loved them, price between 80 to 110, easy to install. Thousands of how to videos on youtube. The steel titanium guide rods are well worth it? yes they are. Adds a little weight to the front, thus lessening the recoil a little. Make sure that when you have the trigger a part, you polish some of the contact points, videos on how to yon youtube. I have an extended mag release and one for my slide stop. Both definitely worth getting and easy to install. Grip tape? I like it better then Tactical grips, gives a nice grip. I've used tactical grips and even though it worked great, it made the grip bulkier and didn't I like that.