glock w/ thumb safety?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jam Master Jay

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Putting an external safety on a Glock is like painting a moustache on the Mona Lisa. They're not meant to have one. I love Glocks but if I had to have something with an external safety I would look at another manufacturer.

TheLastDaze

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Putting an external safety on a Glock is like painting a moustache on the Mona Lisa. They're not meant to have one. I love Glocks but if I had to have something with an external safety I would look at another manufacturer.

exactly !! to add yet a 4th safety to a glock is simply stupid.. glocks are one of, if not THE safest guns on the market. I will give you $100 if you can make it fire WITHOUT pulling the trigger, I mean throw it on the ground not just drop it, throw it, ain't gonna happen..

If you're that concerned about an external safety I'm interested in Glocks all the time, send me a PM and I'll make you an offer..

TheLastDaze

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you're concerned about accidently pulling the trigger maybe think about getting a NY trigger. I believe it ups the pull to about 12# which will make it much more unlikely for an accidental discharge. Pulling the 'hangy-down-thingy' is the only thing that makes a Glock go bang.

iirc, 8.5# NY trigger..

rh6585

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
is everybody giving this advice to me? I'm not sure how a thread where I asked about if anybody knew of anyone who has an external safety turned into a big "you're a dumba$$" party thrown in my favor. At no point in the post did I ask anyone's opinion on whether or not I should get one or if they are what YOU would personally use. Even to the point of calling it STUPID. whatever. Ya, go back and read the post. never asked for ANY opinions, just if they were made. "useless as tits on a boar hog"---pretty good. Heard that a lot around southern Oklahoma. I also am fond of " useless as a sh*t-flavored lollipop. anyway, thanks for the info and no hard feelings here about the insults I received simply by asking a question.

grwd

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
is everybody giving this advice to me? I'm not sure how a thread where I asked about if anybody knew of anyone who has an external safety turned into a big "you're a dumba$$" party thrown in my favor. At no point in the post did I ask anyone's opinion on whether or not I should get one or if they are what YOU would personally use. Even to the point of calling it STUPID. whatever. Ya, go back and read the post. never asked for ANY opinions, just if they were made. "useless as tits on a boar hog"---pretty good. Heard that a lot around southern Oklahoma. I also am fond of " useless as a sh*t-flavored lollipop. anyway, thanks for the info and no hard feelings here about the insults I received simply by asking a question.

I dont think any of this advice was directed towards you.

Who said youre a big dumbass? This is a public forum, like it or not, youre going to get input related to your post.

Next time use google if you want a simple yes or no, or if youre not willing to listen to our opinions.

On a related note, I googled "Glock thumb safety" and the Comonolli safety was the first two entries.

edit: heres the link I was talking about- www.google.com

rh6585

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
thanks for the google link. Never heard of that before....... again, review the post, never asked. and yes you can say anything you want on a public forum, I just thought possibly that i could ask a question and get an answer. sorry i wasted your valuable time. i think if you analyzed about half of the threads on this forum, they could be answered by a google search. truth be told, probably 90% of the info on this forum could be answered through internet searches. i apologize for being so selfish as to ask a question on a forum where the point is to help each other out. I didn't know there was a "google search it first" policy here. Your time must be a lot more valuable than mine, i can certainly take a few minutes out of my day to answer a simple question for someone w/o trying to make them feel stupid for asking it. I guess this is just for people that already KNOW EVERYTHING to sit back and rag on people who have a differen't opinion than you. also notice, I took it in good humor, olyeller, you are the one getting touchy about it. try www.trynottotakeyourselfsoseriously.com

grwd

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I gave you the answer on the second post of this thread, how did I and the others not answer your question?

Heres an offer; You buy a Comonolli thumb safety for a glock, and Ill install it for you for free. A token of my apologies.

rh6585

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
funny you should mention that. i was going to pm you and ask you if you would be willing to do one. Thanks for answering my question on the second post. i never said it wasn't answered.