glock w/ thumb safety?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
is everybody giving this advice to me? I'm not sure how a thread where I asked about if anybody knew of anyone who has an external safety turned into a big "you're a dumba$$" party thrown in my favor. At no point in the post did I ask anyone's opinion on whether or not I should get one or if they are what YOU would personally use. Even to the point of calling it STUPID. whatever. Ya, go back and read the post. never asked for ANY opinions, just if they were made. "useless as tits on a boar hog"---pretty good. Heard that a lot around southern Oklahoma. I also am fond of " useless as a sh*t-flavored lollipop. anyway, thanks for the info and no hard feelings here about the insults I received simply by asking a question.

Sorry you got your feelers hurt. Maybe you just need to
ai5.photobucket.com_albums_y168_130934_bigboy.gif
and deal with it. :thumbup3:

Ignored Member

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
i apologize for being so selfish as to ask a question on a forum where the point is to help each other out. I didn't know there was a "google search it first" policy here. Your time must be a lot more valuable than mine, I guess this is just for people that already KNOW EVERYTHING to sit back and rag on people who have a differen't opinion than you.

i'm having deja-vu

TheLastDaze

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
is everybody giving this advice to me? I'm not sure how a thread where I asked about if anybody knew of anyone who has an external safety turned into a big "you're a dumba$$" party thrown in my favor. At no point in the post did I ask anyone's opinion on whether or not I should get one or if they are what YOU would personally use. Even to the point of calling it STUPID. whatever. Ya, go back and read the post. never asked for ANY opinions, just if they were made. "useless as tits on a boar hog"---pretty good. Heard that a lot around southern Oklahoma. I also am fond of " useless as a sh*t-flavored lollipop. anyway, thanks for the info and no hard feelings here about the insults I received simply by asking a question.

Sorry if calling it stupid offended you. I'm new here (and walking on eggshells)but not by any means new to forums nor guns, the answers to your questions could have been more informative agreed. But if you start a thread looking for answers/opinions you're gonna get a lot of them. As stated before if you looking for something specific use Google.. The point of forums is to share ideas and information in a more 'real time' and personally related manner, simply tossing the do's and dont's to a fellow member. Example, who would have ever thought of 'adding' a safety on a revolver? which has 0 safety's compared to Glock's 3.

Your question if posted on a Glock forum would of had you really in the corner, a Glock purist would have indeed made you cry. And again in my humble opinion I think adding a thumb safety to a glock is simply stupid.... again I share only my opinion, your mileage may vary. Good luck though, oh and I'm almost positive if you add a thumb safety you will void Glocks warrantee, which like most guns is only for a year, but Glock has EXCELLENT costumer service and I've heard of them completely rebuilding or simply replacing parts free on 1 gen guns.. so I guess that makes them guaranteed for life, as they do stand behind their product.

rh6585

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
thelastdaze. i think you are missing my point. look at your post, you said if I post a thread looking for answers/opinions.......I didn't ask for any opinions, simply a fact. and I could care less what a "glock purist" thinks. Does being a "glock purist" make someone some kind of a superperson and their opinion should matters to me more than anyone else's, why???? You are all geniuses. OK? I now have my answer, so if I need another one, i'll just ask again, not google search, because there are plenty of people on this forum that are happy to answer questions and not consider it some sort of "challenge" to make the person asking the question seem as stupid as possible. I guess the fact that someone makes an aftermarket safety for the gun, you can get an XD w/ thumb safety and you can get an M&P w/ thumb safety, I guess that means I'm just as stupid as all those idiots at Springfield, S&W, and Comonolli. I'm comfortable with that. I'll stop wasting your time. I'm done w/ this thread. so can all have the last word ripping me. have fun.

Ignored Member

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
thelastdaze. i think you are missing my point. look at your post, you said if I post a thread looking for answers/opinions.......I didn't ask for any opinions, simply a fact. and I could care less what a "glock purist" thinks. Does being a "glock purist" make someone some kind of a superperson and their opinion should matters to me more than anyone else's, why???? You are all geniuses. OK? I now have my answer, so if I need another one, i'll just ask again, not google search, because there are plenty of people on this forum that are happy to answer questions and not consider it some sort of "challenge" to make the person asking the question seem as stupid as possible. I guess the fact that someone makes an aftermarket safety for the gun, you can get an XD w/ thumb safety and you can get an M&P w/ thumb safety, I guess that means I'm just as stupid as all those idiots at Springfield, S&W, and Comonolli. I'm comfortable with that. I'll stop wasting your time. I'm done w/ this thread. so can all have the last word ripping me. have fun.

wow guy... nobody's going to be ripping you. calm down a lil bit

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

http://tinyurl.com/yesrm7r It would be easier to learn the right tool for the job.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Apparently he has no
ai5.photobucket.com_albums_y168_130934_bigboy.gif
. Should we take up a collection?