Go on, admit you envy me....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jdgabbard

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just thought I'd post this on here for those of you hurting for ammo. I've been casting for about 7 years now. I have plenty of lead, primers, powder, brass, you know the deal. And I've always made sure I had at least one mold for every caliber I own. The latest edition to the collection is a new pill for the .45acp. Behold the 230gr WHP. And envy on....

image-1322293082.jpg

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Since the clinton mess with the weapons/mag ban, I've never been short of ammo/brass/primers. Lesson learned.
AND, I don't rape my fellow shooters with excuses of "free market" ********.

jdgabbard

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Since the clinton mess with the weapons/mag ban, I've never been short of ammo/brass/primers. Lesson learned.
AND, I don't rape my fellow shooters with excuses of "free market" ********.

Word. I just ordered some primers the other day, and got them yesterday. Offered up a box to a guy on the board here as he is dry. Selling him the box for a flat $30. (and no after that I don't have enough to sell more. Only ordered one sleeve.)

Glocktogo, they shoot very well. Cast in my experience, in most cases, is just as if not more accurate than jacketed. However, there is a little more smoke invovled because of the lube. But even this can be remedied with some of the various blends.

jdgabbard

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You have to remember, the reason why the Military switched over to lead in the first place was to combat leading when using smokeless powder. The traditional lubes could not be used as it would contaminate the powder. A soldier's ammo wasn't sized specifically to his barrel. And this caused lead fouling. So it was common practice, clean out the fouling after so many rounds. And this was time consuming, especially since the ammo they were using was barely lubed. So they switched to jacketed, as it required less maintenance. Later on in the 30s and 40s, better boolits were designed, which held a lot of lead, and wouldn't lead up a gun when used with smokeless powder, or contaminate powder. And thus the need for jackets was all but eliminated for modern boolits.

Sharingan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Word. I just ordered some primers the other day, and got them yesterday. Offered up a box to a guy on the board here as he is dry. Selling him the box for a flat $30. (and no after that I don't have enough to sell more. Only ordered one sleeve.)

Glocktogo, they shoot very well. Cast in my experience, in most cases, is just as if not more accurate than jacketed. However, there is a little more smoke invovled because of the lube. But even this can be remedied with some of the various blends.

I have been looking for small pistol primers.. the only ones i cant find-- I take it you order quite often off the internet? Ive ordered almost all my parts for my AR builds from the web, but for some reason Im apprehensive about reloading parts... How long do you usually notice your wait time , and what sites do you order from if you dont mind my inquisition?

Latest posts

Top Bottom