Going Gear.com = BAD

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shoot Summ

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I generally don't like to do this, but here goes...

I've done business with goinggear.com several times. Always a good experience, and happy with the products and prices. They ran a BF special on some S15 lights and I bought 20 to give to Customers. Also bought 2 S30 lights for stocking stuffers. This was over $700 in lights...

The box arrived and I put it away until the Holiday Lunches/gift giving started. Grabbed 4 lights last week and gave them out, went to the box this week, started to grab some and thought, man, I burned through 20 really fast. As there were only 8 S15's left. So I checked the size of the box and discovered there was no way they could have shipped 22 lights in that box. As far as I can tell I only got 12 S15's and the 2 S30's, but at max there could have been 16 S15's in the box.

So here is where the fun begins, I contact Going Gear, explain it all to them, and even tell them honestly I didn't count the lights, but could only account for 4 lights that I gave out. I also told them there was no way the packaging could hold all of the lights ordered. Their initial response was basically "too bad", 5 days have passed since you received the package and we don't do anything after 5 days. So I escalated to a "Supervisor", explained it all again, and measured the package for him. He was gone a long time, probably trying to pack 22 lights in a box that wouldn't hold them, then came back and said the best they could do was send me 2 lights, basically splitting the difference of what could have been in the box with me. I told him unacceptable and initiated a dispute with my credit card.

So beware of these guys, I had been happy with them up to this point, but when things don't go right, they don't do the right thing, not the kind of folks I will ever do business with again...

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
That is disappointing, yes. Hard to really dispute under those circumstances, though. Sorry man. I mean... I've done it, too, just accept a package and set it aside without checking it. Live and learn, I suppose.

Shoot Summ

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That's disappointing, they have always been great in the past.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

I know, everything had been great for me as well. I was very disappointed in their response, especially since it was obvious the box wouldn't contain the entire order, and the stated weight of the package doesn't add up either. At that point they are wrong, no split, no nothing, order was wrong, fix it, but instead they wanted to dick around.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not following, for them to dispute?

No, I'm saying it's hard to claim they didn't send everything if you can't honestly say you counted them, and not within a timely manner. I'm not doubting you, I'm just saying from their company's perspective. I can fault them for obviously not getting the order right, but in this case, it's hard for me to say what should be done to correct it. I mean... do you want them to send you 4 more lights? Or the 8 you "think" you must have been missing? What do you really want them to do?

Shoot Summ

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No, I'm saying it's hard to claim they didn't send everything if you can't honestly say you counted them, and not within a timely manner. I'm not doubting you, I'm just saying from their company's perspective. I can fault them for obviously not getting the order right, but in this case, it's hard for me to say what should be done to correct it. I mean... do you want them to send you 4 more lights? Or the 8 you "think" you must have been missing? What do you really want them to do?

I told them 4, I tried to be fair, but their best deal(2) was to split the difference of the maximum that could have been packed in the box. So they essentially wanted to short me 2 lights if I wasn't shorted 8 like I think I was.

And it is a lesson learned, I typically count when I get items, for some reason I didn't this time since I put the package up when I got it.

Shoot Summ

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So if you credit card refunds your money, do you just get free flashlights?

Not what I want, just want the lights I am due and paid for, nothing more, no split the difference as they offered. So I've asked for a refund of only the portion that was shorted.

tiasman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
OP wants a business to give away product that he cannot say for certain that they have not already sent him? What a horrible experience.

Latest posts

Top Bottom