Gonna be a white Christmas!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It started much later than they were saying. Ground is about covered now and looks like it should start picking up for a few hours. Yeehaw!!!!

20231225_100848.jpg

xseler

These are not the firearms you're looking for.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Gunbuffer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My brother says the same now and then, as you might remember he lived for 11 years in the neck of the woods where you grew up. The blizzard of ‘09 broke me of wanting a white Christmas snow like that forever🤦‍♂️
Chicago blizzard of 1979 was epic

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Christmas Eve 2009, what a day!

We had gone to Bartlesville for Christmas eve at my mom's. My wife had to work Christmas Day we were planning to come home late that night anyway. We left the kids at mom's and headed south to Tulsa then west on the Cimarron turnpike instead of west on 60/64 out of Bartlesville because we thought the roads would have been taken better care of on 75 and 412. Not sure if they were or not but a 2.5hr normal trip home took us over 4.5hr. Got 10 miles from home and there was no snow. Biggest PIA was the last toll booth west on the Cimarron. They had the pike pass lane closed and that booth is on a slight hill. Folks couldn't get going again once they stopped to pay toll. We never saw a snow plow the entire trip. The Excursion does fantastic in conditions like that fortunately. 4x4 and heavy in the front and heavy in the back.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We had gone to Bartlesville for Christmas eve at my mom's. My wife had to work Christmas Day we were planning to come home late that night anyway. We left the kids at mom's and headed south to Tulsa then west on the Cimarron turnpike instead of west on 60/64 out of Bartlesville because we thought the roads would have been taken better care of on 75 and 412. Not sure if they were or not but a 2.5hr normal trip home took us over 4.5hr. Got 10 miles from home and there was no snow. Biggest PIA was the last toll booth west on the Cimarron. They had the pike pass lane closed and that booth is on a slight hill. Folks couldn't get going again once they stopped to pay toll. We never saw a snow plow the entire trip. The Excursion does fantastic in conditions like that fortunately. 4x4 and heavy in the front and heavy in the back.

We had an Excursion at one time. Our problem was that we got one with the V10 engine. Now, we have an Expedition Max.

As for blizzards, back in March of 1957, it started to rain and that turned to snow, and the wind really did its number up there in Cimarron County. We had snowdrifts in town (Keyes, OK) that were up to the eaves of houses. At the time, Dad had been working on an oil rig but had broken his foot, so he was laid up at home, but it was the crew that he was on that got caught on the rig in the storm. Everyone survived, but they spent a day or three on the rig waiting for rescue.

Dad was sure glad his foot was broken.

Google Images of 1957 Blizzard

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
We had an Excursion at one time. Our problem was that we got one with the V10 engine. Now, we have an Expedition Max.

As for blizzards, back in March of 1957, it started to rain and that turned to snow, and the wind really did its number up there in Cimarron County. We had snowdrifts in town (Keyes, OK) that were up to the eaves of houses. At the time, Dad had been working on an oil rig but had broken his foot, so he was laid up at home, but it was the crew that he was on that got caught on the rig in the storm. Everyone survived, but they spent a day or three on the rig waiting for rescue.

Dad was sure glad his foot was broken.

Google Images of 1957 Blizzard

We've had two over the years. An 02' with a 7.3l diesel and currently have an 02' with the v10. That 7.3l was the biggest money pit engine I've ever owned, never again lol.

Latest posts

Top Bottom