Good bye Big XII

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SlammerG_89

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wrong and you are very misinformed. The meeting was to vote on EXPANSION, not to invite A&M. A&M has to formally request an invitation, THE SEC CAN NOT invite A&M publicly. TAMU will vote to apply to the SEC on Monday. Obviously, there is no "invitation" prior to something like that from the SEC because that could be considered tampering, or whatever other legal terms could be used to describe it and it subsequently becomes a court mess. There are specific steps that have to be followed anytime something like this goes down.

ESPN is trying to protect their investment (tu) by releasing these article that the average person that is not knowledgeable on the subject will simply believe.

Read said article from 1911Sooner. Unless you have some special insider info i would say your getting butt hurt for no reason. I know just as much about the situation as you and everyone and if you think that the SEC cannot invite publicly your wrong. The Big 10 did it and so did the Pac 12 last year. ESPN could give a tinkers damn about whether or not A&M leaves because they know everyone else is for keeping the conference alive and will go after other schools to keep it that way.

tntrex

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Not that I agree with him but I've heard many Texas fans say OU is a bigger rivalry more than once. Don't care either way, but which one gets more national coverage and recruits? Just sayin.

Dunno that A&M fans can say anything about inflated worth. A&M hasn't done anything since they fired Solich, several bad decisions later, they want to head to the SEC where they will have a hard time being a top half contender year in and out. More power to them.

I have never heard a longhorn fan say that, but always seem to hear OU fans say that.
and
the UT fight song literally starts like this:

"Texas Fight! Texas Fight!
And it's goodbye to A&M...."

Sanjuro82

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Read said article from 1911Sooner. Unless you have some special insider info i would say your getting butt hurt for no reason. I know just as much about the situation as you and everyone and if you think that the SEC cannot invite publicly your wrong. The Big 10 did it and so did the Pac 12 last year. ESPN could give a tinkers damn about whether or not A&M leaves because they know everyone else is for keeping the conference alive and will go after other schools to keep it that way.

Respectfully you are wrong again sir. And I do have insider info on this situation. You are basing your info on a misinterpreted poorly written ESPN article. The SEC HAD to release a statement similar to the one it did to prevent it from being sued by the Big 12. If the SEC had offered A&M BEFORE the BOR authorized President Loftin to deal with the realignment issue, Danny and DeLoss would have sued the crap out of them. This is legal cover for what is to come. Do you not remember how it all went down last year? Nebraska and Colorado both had BOR authorization to bolt from the Big12 before official invites from the Big 10 and Pac 10 were given.

And ESPN does in fact care about this sitauion. TAMU is leaving in large part because of the Longhorn Network. ESPN is not going to allow their 300 million dollar investment to be cast in a bad light during this situation. They will continue to attempt to spin this against A&M.

Again NOTHING can happen until A&M's BOR approve a potential move.

Edgar Derby

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Wow. I had no idea ALL of this was going on. I just heard that it was about teams who wanted to change conferences to have a better chance of winning something.

So, the big 12 can't trade Baylor for anything? lol

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have never heard a longhorn fan say that, but always seem to hear OU fans say that.
and
the UT fight song literally starts like this:

"Texas Fight! Texas Fight!
And it's goodbye to A&M...."

Right, I'm just thinking since WWI and such...... :D

cvrx4

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Respectfully you are wrong again sir. And I do have insider info on this situation. You are basing your info on a misinterpreted poorly written ESPN article. The SEC HAD to release a statement similar to the one it did to prevent it from being sued by the Big 12. If the SEC had offered A&M BEFORE the BOR authorized President Loftin to deal with the realignment issue, Danny and DeLoss would have sued the crap out of them. This is legal cover for what is to come. Do you not remember how it all went down last year? Nebraska and Colorado both had BOR authorization to bolt from the Big12 before official invites from the Big 10 and Pac 10 were given.

And ESPN does in fact care about this sitauion. TAMU is leaving in large part because of the Longhorn Network. ESPN is not going to allow their 300 million dollar investment to be cast in a bad light during this situation. They will continue to attempt to spin this against A&M.

Again NOTHING can happen until A&M's BOR approve a potential move.

Monday.. A&M regents announce the president is authorized to pursue other conferences.
Tuesday.. A&M meets with legislature and "tells" them they are leaving.
Wednesday....SEC gets application from A&M and an invitation is extended.

As far as the leftover big 12 (OSU and OU). Not sure yet but looks like either staying with the other 9 or more than likely going to pac 12

Latest posts

Top Bottom