Good bye Big XII

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andrsnsm

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think I'm liking this move to the SEC! The Texas Aggies should be able to capture more top recruits from Texas. If tu didn't have that uppity attitude that prompted their own football network we probably wouldn't be in this situation right now. I hope the Oklahoma schools recognize tu is the bad guy in all of this. I do see OU and OSU going to the PAC-10 but I don't think that is going to help much.

bsmith918

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think I'm liking this move to the SEC! The Texas Aggies should be able to capture more top recruits from Texas. If tu didn't have that uppity attitude that prompted their own football network we probably wouldn't be in this situation right now. I hope the Oklahoma schools recognize tu is the bad guy in all of this. I do see OU and OSU going to the PAC-10 but I don't think that is going to help much.

I'm a huge OU fan and have no love for aTm, but respect this move. Texas alone caused this move along with last years. If OU was interested in the SEC they would go there. I do think the PAC? is a very likely move, but they are very reluctant to break from Texas completely due to recruiting and is tied to OSU no matter what. Politics are a very real issue in all of this.

andrsnsm

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
bsmith918 said:
I'm a huge OU fan and have no love for aTm, but respect this move. Texas alone caused this move along with last years. If OU was interested in the SEC they would go there. I do think the PAC? is a very likely move, but they are very reluctant to break from Texas completely due to recruiting and is tied to OSU no matter what. Politics are a very real issue in all of this.

Just break away from tu at this point. The reality is tu cares more about Texas A&M than OU. I know you don't want to hear that but ask a Longhorn and they will tell you. I think OU would hurt themselves by trying to stay teathered to tu, it's time to move on.

kroberts2131

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
OU OSU A&M Mizzou to the sec west Miami FSU Clemson and maybe UNC to the sec east

Power conference that could break up the BCS easily. Threaten to hold your own play off system within the conference. Screw Ohio State and USC who still want thier rose bowl. No one would care when you have OU and Alabama in a conference title game. Or OU/LSU in the semis along with FL/Alabama. If this were to happen the SEC or whatever they rename it would have 90% of the top teams in the nation, leaving Nebraska OSU USC (eventually) and thats about it. That could either be really good or really bad for the college FB

donner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
UNC to the sec east

I never like to speak in absolutes, but i'm almost 100 percent certain UNC wouldn't leave. There is no upside. They are in one of, if not, the best basketball conferences. Football isn't a big enough program for them to want to leave for it and the SEC, while not bad in basketball, can't provide what the ACC can.

jcizzle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just break away from tu at this point. The reality is tu cares more about Texas A&M than OU. I know you don't want to hear that but ask a Longhorn and they will tell you. I think OU would hurt themselves by trying to stay teathered to tu, it's time to move on.

You must be high. It's all about money. OU/TX is a HUGE Rivalry worth big money in visitors to the TX state fair, TV money Dallas vendors Norman and Austin Vendors. A aTm fan saying they are more important to TX is like an OSU fan saying that game is more important to OU than the TX game.

aTm is to TX what OSU is to OU. A little sister. That's it. They revolve their season around "if we could win just this one" regardless of what happens the rest of the season. Freud called this "penis envy" It's where little sister always envy's the brother for who he is and what she will never be. aTm will never be a TX and OSU will never be an OU.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You must be high. It's all about money. OU/TX is a HUGE Rivalry worth big money in visitors to the TX state fair, TV money Dallas vendors Norman and Austin Vendors. A aTm fan saying they are more important to TX is like an OSU fan saying that game is more important to OU than the TX game.

aTm is to TX what OSU is to OU. A little sister. That's it. They revolve their season around "if we could win just this one" regardless of what happens the rest of the season. Freud called this "penis envy" It's where little sister always envy's the brother for who he is and what she will never be. aTm will never be a TX and OSU will never be an OU.

It IS all about money but I want to say the the comparison isn't example apples to apples there. A&M has more money in the bank than any other "Big 12" school, so I wouldn't necessarily say they are the "little brother" to UT but that's just me.

Latest posts

Top Bottom