Good shoulder holster?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

petersonb

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Im new to the conceal carry world, and I'm fairly certain that I will get the MTAC holster, but I also want a shoulder holster. I googled it and have seen some for around $30. I just cannot imagine that a $30 holster can be that comfortable or of a good quality. Any suggestions on a good shoulder holster? I'm wanting something in about the $100 range.

Thanks!

jej

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Since you are new to CCW - shoulder holsters have lots of issues. When you draw, you will point our muzzle lots of places you should not. Its hard to protect the weapon from a bad guy trying to take it from you. You cannot re-holster single handed. They bang your ribs when you run, unless they are strapped down to your belt. Those are all bad things.

The good things - you can draw while seated in a car, you can carry under a sweatshirt when you are wearing shorts or sweats that have no belt, you can carry a backup well concealed, you can carry a big, long bbl piece that is hard to hide, they are comfortable for fat guys.

That said, the Galco and Bianchi recommended above are good places to start. I think the Galco models to look at are "original jackass" [as in donkey leather, which was first used] or "half jackass" [has elastic on the off side instead of leather and mag holders] and miami rigs. If you want a fitted/boned rig, that is where I would look.

Bianchi makes a very different rig called X-15 that will hold a variety of guns. Its leather, holds the gun with spring tension.

jej

hullxsm

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am looking for a shoulder rig for my PX4 Storm 40 S&W and my Beretta Cougar 40 S&W. I prefer a vertical style. Has anyone heard of the Forbus Roto - Holster GLT Tactical Speed? http://www.rangerjoes.com/fobus-rot...ll-size-beretta-px4-storm-walther-p-1524.html shows the full size can work with the Storm but have mixed feelings about plastic. I saw a show on Outdoor Channel called "The Best Defense" where Michael Bane talked about leather vs. plastic and had more good to say about leather. I looked at Biacnhi, Galco and others mentioned in this thread also. Can't find much on vertical for either of my Beretta models.

Thoughts? Help? Sources?

Thanks in advance
Stephen

Latest posts

Top Bottom