GOP Vs. Trump

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Junior Bonner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
CNN is talking to some insider saying that the GOP wants a brokered convention in which Trump is rejected and they pull a "White Knight" out of the hat. And it's not going to be Rubio, Cruz or Kasich.

crrcboatz

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Im loving this! Break out the :popcorn:. Trump has given the forgotten element of the party a breath of life. Had he not these people would probably have stayed home and made it easy for the Demos in November. Trump has grown the party too. Nothing wrong with that. His rude and crude methods are secondary to the outcomes for the party. Starchy, elite members of the party have forgotten an important part of the base. Trump has given them a sense of recognition, respect, reason to believe again. I see nothing wrong with that. Is the party of Reagan and Lincoln not an inclusive party? Write them off and the party will sink NOT swim. It is very similar to what Teddy Roosevelt did with a 3rd party in his second effort to be elected to the white house. That damaged the party immeasurably for years. If Trump is elected the party better get behind him because otherwise, it will surely end the same as it did about 100 yrs ago. Trump is not my first choice, but then neither is any of the others. Libertarians like me have no great choices but we will probably follow party lines and support him. I know I will.

briarcreekguy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I posted this to Facebook a few days ago. It is about the consent of the governed and may explain the rise of Donald Trump.

Here is a snip from an article by Peggy Noonan, that appeared in the Wall Street Journal. Here is a portion of that article and some thoughts by Jerry Pounelle, from his website. The article addresses the rise of a population that has no voice, here and in Europe. It's a little long but worth thinking about.

The fundamental premise of the United States is that governments derive their just powers from the consent of the governed. Our governing class no longer has the consent of the governed, and many of them are shocked when you point that out. The protected – the governing class – pretty well consents. Why would anyone object? The intentions are good. And in fact it is so: they have good intent. They are well-wishing with a vengeance.- Jerry Pournelle

" What marks this political moment, in Europe and the U.S., is the rise of the unprotected. It is the rise of people who don’t have all that much against those who’ve been given many blessings and seem to believe they have them not because they’re fortunate but because they’re better.

You see the dynamic in many spheres. In Hollywood, as we still call it, where they make our rough culture, they are careful to protect their own children from its ill effects. In places with failing schools, they choose not to help them through the school liberation movement—charter schools, choice, etc.—because they fear to go up against the most reactionary professional group in America, the teachers unions. They let the public schools flounder. But their children go to the best private schools.

This is a terrible feature of our age—that we are governed by protected people who don’t seem to care that much about their unprotected fellow citizens.

And a country really can’t continue this way.

In wise governments the top is attentive to the realities of the lives of normal people, and careful about their anxieties. That’s more or less how America used to be. There didn’t seem to be so much distance between the top and the bottom." Peggy Noonan,

Last edited:

ttown

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Spin it the way you want were American's not D or R's. Our family came in 1898 so we don't have a dog in the fight. Immigration is the new slave class. Its was black and then mexican and we did the Latino in S.A. now the have Islam which kill one another coming here. Sounds like another treaty with the Indians until you find oil to me.

Last edited:

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Romney comes from an old school, hard core Mormon family. He'd like to someday be the prophet of the church. Cause in Mormonism "When the Prophet speaks the thinking has already been done." Who are you people to question a living oracle????

fishfurlife

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Interesting thread. Interesting stances.

One thing is clear. The R party needs to get their crap together. I would agree that Trump is their own Frankenstein. I would also agree that it's BS for the R party to be trying to figure out a way to move Trump out of the spotlight. Common ground needs to be met inside the party. Otherwise it's going to be ugly in November.

If they don't get on the same page quick, the D party will just sit back and chuckle as they watch the other side collapse around itself.

Latest posts

Top Bottom