Got a coyote

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Was getting ready to pull the trigger on a doe, when she snapped her head up.
Thinking a buck may be coming I held off. Looked around, and when looking back at the doe she was 200 yds off all ready. Looked back and saw this coyote trotting by. Mouth squeeked him to get him to stop and put the 06 into the boiler room. He just fell over.

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v252_dennishoddy_P1010031.jpg

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Nice looking 'yote. I'm wondering what's on that paper taped to your stock.

-EDIT- Think someone already answered that for me.

See above post:D

I reload and keep the trajectory info, and wind drift info taped to the stock.
With a good rangefinder, one can do an AT&T on the deer.(reach out and touch them)

Survivor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
See above post:D

I reload and keep the trajectory info, and wind drift info taped to the stock.
With a good rangefinder, one can do an AT&T on the deer.(reach out and touch them)

Some people for some reason don't read the posts above them. I do because I care what others think as well.

Deer Slayer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hmmm, looks like a browning stainless stalker in 30-06. Bet it's shootin a 180 grainer???? Might take out an elk???? I assume you are gonna take that elk hunting in january?

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hmmm, looks like a browning stainless stalker in 30-06. Bet it's shootin a 180 grainer???? Might take out an elk???? I assume you are gonna take that elk hunting in january?

Right now, its shooting a Sierra 165 Grain HPBT game king. Not solid enough for elk.
By the time the elk hunt comes along, it will be shooting a 180 grain something.

Going to OKC on Wed, and will be looking for 30-06 Springfield 180 GR InterBond® Superformance.
Or Win Supreme.
I don't hold out much luck for finding them on the shelf, so will pobably get them via the internet.

Deer Slayer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What about some handloaded 180 gr gamekings or Accubonds???? Expect shots to 350 yds or 75 yds. If you do not feel comfortable at 350 then my .300 win mag is available if you want to use it. It is zeroed for 350. It shoots a 1/2" group at 200 yds.

Latest posts

Top Bottom