Got my first ever bow kill today!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Porter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Shot that little possum at 15 yards.

Not exactly what I had in mind, but I just couldn't take it anymore. I got back into bow hunting last year and hadn't slung an arrow until now. Everytime I'm in my stand I have squirrels, possums, racoons, you name it, walk below me. I always let them walk, but something happened today and I just had to let an arrow fly. To be honest, I really wanted to see what those vortex broadheads would do. I shot him in the head and the arrow was almost even on both sides when it stopped. Looked like one of those old gag hats that looked like you had an arrow going through your head. I was pretty impressed with the broadhead as it opened him up like a filleted fish.

2busy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
if your useing aluminum arrows, i suggest you pass on an armadillo if you value the arrow.I can guarantee it will not be straight after it gets through thrashing around.

RackStacker30

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Practice makes perfect! Hopefully that'll get you ready for a big buck in the future. I like to shoot at the squirrels when the action is slow. I figure if I can hit a squirrel I should be able to make that pefect vitals shot on a deer. Keep letting 'em have it!

Latest posts

Top Bottom