Got our shop Vette on the dyno last night :)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MoBoost

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That's pretty awesome, just don't go filming yourself racing it up the turnpike.

What exactly is your shop setup to do (equipment and tech's abilities)?

I ask because I got word last week that the guy originally lined up to buy my truck couldn't get a loan since he already has a $37,000 loan out on his brand new Dirtymax. I told myself if I don't sell it then I'll put money into some engine work. Cams, springs, pulleys, stall, gears, and everything in between necessary to make it all work. Does your shop do that sort of work?

We worked on "the turnpike vette" LOL
We do pretty much everything but the paint - chassis, suspension, engine, trans, etc. etc.
We are wholesale for Pro-Charger and Paxton.
We specialize in custom turbo kits.
Cam, gears, bolt-ons and custom tuning - is just every day grind :)

Is that all you could get out of it? just kidding! Thats pretty impressive. Has it been on the street yet, I bet traction might be problem. How does it run at lower RPM? does it take awhile to spool that turbo?
Drivability is completely stock-like - engine setup is "stock" therefore with no boost it just drives normal.
Once it hits 4000-4200 - it's gone and I can rev it to 7000 - so not really a "spool" problem. "Spool" problem was with the smaller turbo when it was trying to make 1000wtq at 3500.

MoBoost

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
How reliable is it ? Daily Driver ?

Reliability - time will show. So far we have over 30 800+whp pulls and 6 1000+whp pulls last night.
It can be a daily driver - it drives on fuel that's cheaper than 87 and if you don't get on it it's just like a stock corvette with everything blueprinted. I expect drivetrain problems sooner or later - that's a lot of torque.

Danny Tanner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We worked on "the turnpike vette" LOL
We do pretty much everything but the paint - chassis, suspension, engine, trans, etc. etc.
We are wholesale for Pro-Charger and Paxton.
We specialize in custom turbo kits.
Cam, gears, bolt-ons and custom tuning - is just every day grind :)

Well then when the time comes I'll get with you for some advice and a game plan, if that's alright? Some of the stuff confuses me a bit, especially the more I try to figure it out myself.

I'm going to work on restoring the body over the summer, then onto the heart of the beast.

CamaroMan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nice work man! I'd like to do some engine work on the Camaro but right now i'm too poor and it still runs great. When I get some money to blow on my motor I'll keep you in mind. Post up a vid when you take it to the track.

MoBoost

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Incredible... how much $ would you say it would take to bring scratch from stock to that.

This build didn't take a lot "out-of-pocket" money - but it did take a lot of man hours. Custom builds are tailored to customer needs and wants. Turbo location and piping on this particular setup are built around 1000whp goal with AC, heat. PS, etc - full street car. We are also testing a LOT of factory parts - heads are unported, cam is factory GM, crank and block is factory truck, intake manifold is GM.
If I had to put a number on it - I'd say $20-$30k.

Latest posts

Top Bottom