Grant Co. Farmers............

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I'm still wondering how a combine working with GPS and satellite imagery keeps from putting a header into the ground on uneven ground.

Sorry, but if I were doing it again today, I'd have to insist on being in total control.
The primary combine I run doesn't have autosteer or a preset header heights and has a rigid header/sickle. If I run my neighbors and help him finish out his machines do. And they're just presets and generally only useful on flat ground or terraces that are very low. Flex headers have a flexible floor and sickle and can just conform to the ground if needed. Most farms I can't use it, but it's awesome when I can use both. Still have to watch where you're going and what's in front of your header though when using those, it's not totally dummy proof.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The primary combine I run doesn't have autosteer or a preset header heights and has a rigid header/sickle. If I run my neighbors and help him finish out his machines do. And their just presets and generally only useful on flat ground or terraces that are very low. Flex headers have a flexible floor and sickle and can just conform to the ground if needed. Most farms I can't use it, but it's awesome when I can use both. Still have to watch where you're going and what's in front of your header though when using those, it's not totally dummy proof.

I got about 2 minutes or so into that video and decided that it was WAY too complicated to me. If I were on a combine crew doing custom cutting, I'd have to be a truck driver or "gopher."

Latest posts

Top Bottom