Grass Killin'

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There is no need to kill any grass weeds or garden plants before putting your pool out. Mow, if you have tall vegetation,spread your sand and level, set up your pool, fill with water. Once or twice a month spray 4-6 inches around outside of pool with round up. Round up is a contact killer so if you don't have visible vegetation there is no need to spray.Simple simple simple. Unless you spray a good sterilant around the edge of pool you will have to some kind of "edge treatment" a few times a year egardless.

There is no need to do any killing before putting pool down. It will help to mow any vegetation as short as possible to make it easier to spread sand. Do an edge treatment once pool is ready to go. Enjoy pool with a cold beverage!

Jeff405

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks for all the tips and tricks. Last time I just mowed it down real short and put the pool up, I could feel a few small clumps of grass, but nothing too bad. I'm more worried about any stuborn roots poking the bottom of the pool, but I still have to get it all leveled out, so I should be able to get them then. Next Im gonna make a plan for a small deck, cause I hate those shacky ladders they come with.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Do you put a tarp over the newspaper? Cause my dogs would have it all over the yard in a short time.
No but your pool oughta keep em from getting to your newspaper. I would venture a guess they are referring to the use of newspaper around garden plants. The newspapers, thick mulch black plastic work by blocking sunlight required in plant germination and growth. Your pool will work in much the same way. Mow short. Level good with sand. Set up pool.

Latest posts

Top Bottom