Great Carry gun for women by guy at Basspro

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mikey176293

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
(cracking up)...so my wife in I went into that bass pro looking at guns, (which I dont buy from there cause of price and I like to support smaller Gun businesses, and my wife was looking at a full size m&p. The guy was like no no; that may be a little to big. So he says he has just the one for her. He shows her the walther .22 (tiny frame) dont know the model #...and says this is great cause small females like you can conceal it in a purse. My wife and I looked at each other and bursted out laughing (She carries a G19 on her strong side in a fist IWB holster. She likes the bigger guns!!:) just thought this was kinda funny

lisaloo

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
lol...its no good to judge a book on its cover....ESPECIALLY when it comes to women & firearms!!! :gun2:
I'm glad he was nice though! Did yall tell him what she normally carries?

owu1bag5

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
the people that work the gun counters at the big box stores generally do not know a lot about guns. i have seen too many of them give bad or just flat out wrong advise to people.

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My wife started out carrying a .22,then a .380,then a .357/.38. Now she's got a 9mm subcompact and she is looking to get into a compact or subcompact .40 - when I find the right one for her. She's very picky. And she's driving me crazy with it. I've been buying alot of them,letting her shoot them,then reselling them later just trying to find her something she's comfortable with. She's about 5'4" x 130

On the flipside I went through the same thing kind of recently trying to find a motorcycle to buy. Ive been riding around on an old 75' XLCH Sportster 1000 when I'm at my other home in California. My dad bought it new then gave it to me when I started riding street bikes after years of motocross racing. Its been needing to be taken off the road for a thorough rebuild for a while. So I went down to the Harley dealership closest to me in Jamestown,Ca to see about getting something just to putt around town on while I was rebuilding the other. I didnt need anything major as I didnt have a lot of cash to blow on one and then rebuild the other at the same but still wanted something to ride around on. I wasnt going to be going very far on it. I definitely wasnt going to be looking to buy a cross country road bike. I knew what I was in for tho when I went to check on what I thought I wanted. I went in and went to looking for an 883 Sportster. The salesman came over and we started chatting. I know most of the guys who work there from buying parts and gear. He saw what I was looking at and asked me if I was looking for something for my wife or daughter. Nope. Me. "Why do YOU want THIS?" Like I should have been over looking at the big boys bikes instead of this. I didnt even tell him my reason. I felt so self conscious about asking for a bike that seemed to be considered a 'girls' bike that I left without even buying one. I'm still thinking about what to buy. I remember my sisters riding some of my dads big bikes with no problems at all. I didnt know an 883 was considered a 'girls' bike. Ive sure seen alot of guys riding them.

Latest posts

Top Bottom