Green Beret Loses Leg In Firefight And Keeps Fighting

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Remember the question from the 1954 movie The Bridges at Toko Ri where Rear Admiral George Tarrant asks, "Where do we get such men?"

I don't know but I'm glad we still have them.

I have always wondered if I would have risen to the occasion in the Viet Nam war if I had been called up. I am damn proud we have men that did and still do. Much respect to all of them. God Bless Them.

HMCS(FMF)Ret.

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think it’s something that’s in certain people’s DNA. It’s both an extremely physical and extremely mental ability to perform at a level that very few people possess.
I once saw a special on the Green Berets. The reporter asked the GB if he was scared of anything when in combat. He answered “Yes, running out of ammo”. Other than that he felt nobody stood a chance against them. Now that’s a stud!

user 51785

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
amazing dont even come close to describing what this guy did. thank god for people like him. i always think about lone survivor when i hear stories like this. lieutenant murphy going out on the ledge where he knew he was going to be in the open to make that call for help is far from anything i can imagine. if you havent read lone survivor you should. way better than the movie.

Latest posts

Top Bottom