Grips for S&W 686?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kpk

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What do you guys like? I've got a 686 with original grips and they look like crap, beat up etc. My had is pretty small and would like to shorten the trigger pull also.

Wood Combat style, hogue (I like the money there), or pachmyr?

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
hey kpk,i've got a pair of hogue grips for the 686 with the s&w logo on them. i don't have a 686 anymore and you can have em for $5 plus shipping. send me some info and i'll get a pair to you if you want.

Buzzdraw

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have average/small hands. For a 686 the Miculek wooden grips (from Bang Inc) are perfect. Pau Ferro wood, no checkering or finger grooves. They are available from Brownells for about $70.

For around $20, Hogue makes a black "rubber" finger groove grip. Good product; just doesn't fit me.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have average/small hands. For a 686 the Miculek wooden grips (from Bang Inc) are perfect. Pau Ferro wood, no checkering or finger grooves. They are available from Brownells for about $70.

For around $20, Hogue makes a black "rubber" finger groove grip. Good product; just doesn't fit me.

This. I doubt you'd get any closer to the trigger with anything else. You certainly wouldn't like my favorites! :)

ai151.photobucket.com_albums_s157_Glocktogo_CIMG0692_1.jpg

kpk

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Dlbleak I'll take em! I tried pm'n u but it was down let me know how to pay.

Thanks guys for the recommendations. I'll look into all of them. I love the ahrends but don't know if I want to spend the money. This gun will be a farm/work gun for snakeshot. We got a new place south of town with tons of rattlers supposedly. Thanks!

Engineman1960

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Uncle Mike's sells some grip panels that fit pretty well; they are not very bulky; speed loaders work; they have finger grips built in; they sell them for both round butt and square butt frames -- my 686 has a square frame and my 617 (same size and weight of 686 but holds 6 .22LR) has a round butt frame.

Latest posts

Top Bottom