Gsg info

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JCW355

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I didn't know anything about this gun till after I bought it. There is evidently an ejector problem with these guns. Most 2nd generations now have a little brass looking rivet that holds the ejector in place but some do not, I have one of those earlier 2nd generation GSG 5's. ATI told me they would add the rivet for me under warranty even if I wasn't the original owner. The only cost was shipping it to them. I insured and requested a return receipt when they received it, so it cost me around $14. Check your ejector and see if it has the rivet. You tube videos say you can shoot the gun but eventually the ejector will come loose and you will need the rivet.

JCW355

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It took a day under two weeks to get my bolt back from ATI. I'll post a picture later so you guys can see the gold rivet holding the ejector. Earlier second generations didn't have the rivet. After a certain serial number they all had it. I think it started with 85, that was the first 2 numbers after the letter. The rivet goes all the way thru.

ai4.photobucket.com_albums_y144_JCW355_DSCF5687.jpg

ai4.photobucket.com_albums_y144_JCW355_DSCF5689.jpg

JCW355

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes, it's a know issue that will eventually happen. I decided to send it off before it got worse. It has less than 500 rounds and it was already a little loose. They will fix it even if it hasn't failed yet, they know it will fail.

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've got a first generation which is a great little rifle. I've been debating sending mine in proactively but just haven't gotten around to it. I think I will. I assume you used US Mail? You don't need to answer if you did.
'
Thanks.

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I sent it, got it back and they did a great job. Dealt with the ejector issue, put on a new Fake Suppressor (even though it's not an SD), new cocking tube assembly, new breech housing, new firing pin and bolt return. They also replaced the magazine springs (2).

Some pretty serious customer service.

edit - Also, a package of new front sight posts. Plus, a new ATI hat. I'm gonna go back and take another look in that box.

Latest posts

Top Bottom