Guess HP

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm gonna say 1300.

Its crazy what cars are making these days. I'm aquainted with a really nice guy who has a 1400+ish horsepower nitrous/procharged Viper. But, last I heard he broke the crank on it and is getting everything rebuild, and knowing him, he isn't just putting it back together without bumping up the horsepower.

TANSTAAFL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
900 RWHP +/- 100 RWHP A Cousin of mine running a Boss 302 crossbolted mains claims around 900 HP it will have a propensity to spontaneously disassemble itself after a few runs...

jeepjackazz

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm gonna say 1300.

Its crazy what cars are making these days. I'm aquainted with a really nice guy who has a 1400+ish horsepower nitrous/procharged Viper. But, last I heard he broke the crank on it and is getting everything rebuild, and knowing him, he isn't just putting it back together without bumping up the horsepower.
red car, tulsa area?

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was at Abel racing yesterday just visiting.
Watched a GTO (new one) put down 400+ hp to the wheels.

Then a Ford mustang got put on the rollers 434 Aftermarket block Windsor small block Ford with trick flow heads and a tall Fuel injection manifold and a single turbo 91mm.

16 psi of boost was worked up to from a beginning of 4 psi.
All Spark Plugs were pulled after each pull to make darn sure everything was spot on. EGT sensors on every header tube.
Watching the thing on the dyno and seeing the numbers will make you want boost.

16 PSI is not much for todays world and the pulls were ended even though the owner wanted to eventually crank it up to 25.
It made good power, the owner was asked if he ever driven somethig with that much power and the answer was no.

Guess what a Ford powered Ford makes on 16 PSI. At the wheels through an automatic transmission.
It makes car go fast! :P :P :P

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I will say it went 5.1 in the 1/8 with a few hundred HP less than what it made on the dyno.
3.73 gears and 3100 lbs is what I was told the car weighs.
He did go straight on that pass.
Small tire car 275-60-15 ET Street Pro.

Latest posts

Top Bottom