Guess what I got for X-Mas...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

patrickcudd

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Congrats on the lifetime! Best gift one can receive!

And Xmas is not taking Christ out of Christmas. The abbreviation has been around for centuries, commonly used by Christian scholars.

The greek letter 'x' is the first letter for the greek word for Christ, Xristos.
Xmas therefore means "Christ's Mass" The "X" in "Xmas" represents the Greek letter chi, which is the initial letter of Christos - the Greek for Christ.
Christians came to use X as a symbol, and it crept into the English language as a shorthand. From there it became more generally used.

You are actually 100% wrong.......I'll go into details later, but I wrote a thesis about this for my Masters in Theology! You are telling one of the many tales that try to get us away from Christ!

OP......congrats on the Lifetime! My parents bought me mine 17 years ago on my 21st b-day (and yes, that means birthday). It is one of the best I have received!

Parks 788

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Congrats on the lifetime! Best gift one can receive!

And Xmas is not taking Christ out of Christmas. The abbreviation has been around for centuries, commonly used by Christian scholars.

The greek letter 'x' is the first letter for the greek word for Christ, Xristos.
Xmas therefore means "Christ's Mass" The "X" in "Xmas" represents the Greek letter chi, which is the initial letter of Christos - the Greek for Christ.
Christians came to use X as a symbol, and it crept into the English language as a shorthand. From there it became more generally used.

You are actually 100% wrong.......I'll go into details later, but I wrote a thesis about this for my Masters in Theology! You are telling one of the many tales that try to get us away from Christ!

OP......congrats on the Lifetime! My parents bought me mine 17 years ago on my 21st b-day (and yes, that means birthday). It is one of the best I have received!

:popcorn::oops3:

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Back to the thread, before it got hijacked.
HardR, congrats on getting your lifetime license! Got mine in the 80's, and considering how much I hunt/fish I can't imagine how much money its saved me in tag/license fees.
The only two things that lifetime license holders had to pay for was the trapping and trout fishing license.
This has now been done away with.:D

BTW, how is the hunting hotel project going?

WacosSon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Please start a general discussion about this and send us the link to the thread. We don't want to get off topic, but having a masters in theology myself, I'm interested in how you can disagree with this.

imhntn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My parents bought me one for Christmas in '84 as a young married guy. It sure opened up a lot of hunting for me since I couldn't have afforded all the tags otherwise. Congrats on yours and may you get lots of use out of it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom