Guitar Making Progress

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

K-Man

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I take the class with a guy local to me here in central FL. I found him while doing a google search for luthier's in central FL. I had originally gone to him for help on another guitar project (which I'll show some pics of soon) and learned of his classes for the acoustic guitars. Perhaps if you did a google search for luthier's in your area, you'll find someone who can teach you. I was hooked the moment I started.

Also, here's a link to a luthier's forum that I've found a lot of info on for acoustic guitars: http://www.luthiersforum.com/forum/. You might register there and see if there's anyone nearby who will show you the steps.

Thorgrim

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a friend who had a guitar built recently by an older lady in Tulsa. I forgot her name; she jams with a group of players that practice in a bicycle shop. I'll try to dig up the info.

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
GH Reno builds some nice electrics,or used to. He's down on Sheriden in Tulsa.

A neighbor of mine in Des Moines has a luthiery shop and builds acoustic guitars and violins.

Ive been playing since I started taking classical lessons at 9,was playing rock music professionally at 16,and I'm 40 now. On the side I put together rack based stage rigs for sale to other pros. I've always done my own guitar mods,setups and electronics, and Ive built a bunch of Frankensteins- but what these luthiery guys do with their tools and wood is nothing short of amazing.

Edmond

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Cool, I love seeing guitar building pics.

Might have to find a guy to set up my D-15, it hasn't been properly set up and I've had it for 7+ years already. But my D-28 is playing mighty fine.:eek2:

Latest posts

Top Bottom