Guitar service/setup in Tulsa?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So I have an about 12-14 year old Epiphone jumbo acoustic that I never play much. The action's way too high, and it's just a bit clumsy to play. I'd like to have someone take a look, set up the truss rod to the proper tension, service the nut or bridge or any frets as needed, and just get it all-around more playable. It's a great guitar, sound is way better than my Ovation, but it's comparatively miserable to play as it sits.

Anyone have any names or places they'd recommend in the Greater Tulsa area?

Thanks.

LightningCrash

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You might be able to get a lot done with just adjusting the truss rod.

Guitars ship with the truss rod all the way out. This means the relief can be way out of whack.

You'll need the wrench, Youtube and a quarter

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I hate to say it, but the money you'd spend making it playable will probably be greater than the value of the guitar. Sell it, buy a better guitar. Or adjust the nut/bridge yourself. Get a hard/flat surface and some quality sandpaper. Work it until it's playable

Looking down the neck (bridge to nut) is it bowed?

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Guys, I know what's it's worth. It's a 300 dollar give or take used guitar. Not spectacular but not an 80 dollar Sears catalog beginner either. It was a gift. I make a decent living. I appreciate the self help instructions, but I don't mind taking in to a competent service person and dropping some coin getting it playable.

Any ideas on a reputable name in Tulsa?

rusty-c

Marksman
Reaction score
So I have an about 12-14 year old Epiphone jumbo acoustic that I never play much. The action's way too high, and it's just a bit clumsy to play. I'd like to have someone take a look, set up the truss rod to the proper tension, service the nut or bridge or any frets as needed, and just get it all-around more playable. It's a great guitar, sound is way better than my Ovation, but it's comparatively miserable to play as it sits.

Anyone have any names or places they'd recommend in the Greater Tulsa area?

Thanks.

Check out Tulsa Guitar... Located on Harvard just south of 11th Street on the east side of the street. They've fix plenty of guitars, keyboards, and amps for me through the years.

Latest posts

Top Bottom