Gun are the problem? What are the real stats

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trekrok

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Did you hear about the statistician who drowned in a river that had an average depth of 2 inches? As long as we keep track their will always be those that will manipulate the numbers and interject emotion. Want to add some meaning to the numbers? Track what drugs the people were on, the perpetrators and suicides. However the CDC nor any government agency will track that in order to appease the pharma corporate oligarchical overlords at pfizer and the other drug companies. Also track the race, socio economic status and overall crime rate where the shootings occur. Dems would prefer the type of gun used instead of those numbers.
I would love to know the stats on pharma drugs used by those committing suicides and shootings. You start looking at SSRIs for mass shooters and you have to really dig for anything at all. Seems like a pretty obvious question, but no one seems to want to ask. Weird.

TANSTAAFL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I would love to know the stats on pharma drugs used by those committing suicides and shootings. You start looking at SSRIs for mass shooters and you have to really dig for anything at all. Seems like a pretty obvious question, but no one seems to want to ask. Weird.
Don't think it will be anytime soon. Even pro gun people in congress and the senate dance around this under the guise of "mental health." Sad that it's not looked at, especially when one of the side effects is listed as "suicide ideation." Thought anti depressants were designed to get you out of depression so you wouldn't commit suicide. All this shows me is you still are suicidal, you just won't feel depressed over it.

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We have to be careful when discussing anti depressants. The same comparisons can be made to the number of gun use that saved lives and the number of people whose lives have been saved because of the positive effects of the anti depressants. We don’t have that number either. Each life is important to someone.

ConstitutionCowboy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We have to be careful when discussing anti depressants. The same comparisons can be made to the number of gun use that saved lives and the number of people whose lives have been saved because of the positive effects of the anti depressants. We don’t have that number either. Each life is important to someone.

The most lives saved were by the most destructive weapons ever devised.: Atomic bombs.

Woody

Frank Pope

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This article reminded me of claims I once heard that gun deaths in America aren’t necessarily gun violence…

They include citizens protecting themselves as well as Leo’s shootings (good shoots)

https://www.breitbart.com/2nd-amend...deaths-are-suicides-rather-than-gun-violence/
Here's the problem with the "stats" on gun violence. Every other country in the world uses actual gun violence events to compile their numbers. Here, the people compiling the numbers have a different slant, they throw in gun suicide numbers which overstates US numbers by 42 to 60%. If you back out the suicide numbers the US falls to number 38 or so on the world list. The other sad statistic on the suicides is that of the 42 - 60%, 90% are males 78 and older, which tells me people are stopping the pain in their lives this way.

Latest posts

Top Bottom