Gun Coating

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dradave

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a RIA 1911 pistol where the parkerizing is wearing off. I would like to get it re-coated locally and not send it off. Does anybody know of a good shop in the Tulsa or OKC area that provides parkerized coating services?

Thanx...

HiredHand

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Honeybee who is a member here offers parkerizing as a refinishing service. You might try a search to find his contact information.

then there is Mike Bay @ Trident Precision, Inc. 918-744-8105

and I'm sure others but those are the two on the top of my head.

Traxxis

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Most of the spray and bakes don't hold up that great, but Cerakote really seems to be at the top of the game right now.

It holds up incredibly well in the salt spray test.

Just google the big three, there are a lot of reviews comparing them.

Cue

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have used molyresin with great success. I got it a few years ago before ceracoat became popular. It seems that cerakote is just a lot thicker. I have never used it though.

Nraman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Most of the spray and bakes don't hold up that great, but Cerakote really seems to be at the top of the game right now.

It holds up incredibly well in the salt spray test.

Just google the big three, there are a lot of reviews comparing them.

What happens if you ceracote threads, is it thick enough to cause problems? What about barrels, does it affect the rifling? It may sound like a silly question, I tried to get a rifle teflon coated once and was told that he could not protect the rifling.

Latest posts

Top Bottom