Gun control activists petition Chipotle to ban guns

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Knight92

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I agree with EK and most others on here, carrying a rifle into a public place is absolutely uncalled for! There is no need for it and if one of those F's brought one onto a place I was eating and pointed the rife at myself or the wife would be facing a pistol or would be shot! If it was my business I would ask nicely to leave the rife in a car/truck! As one of my favorite bands said and encompasses a lot of the sentiment here " Freedom is a loaded shotgun", there are consequences to your actions even tools must learn this at some point.

If people want to prove a point to be 2A why not just send a pro 2A email saying we agree, those jackholes where in the complete wrong please don't judge us by them. It is the same as judging your restaurant/business which was shut down for violation of regulatory procedures/ health code. I don't judge your restaurant by your peers or neighbor business please don't judge me by some aholes.

By the same directive look at LGS with ranges or gunsmiths, do they want you bring in uncased/unhostered weapons? But they are pro 2A and when was the last time you heard of one of them being robbed in the daylight?

Don't get me wrong I am fully for open carry for pistols, not rifles!

jchip123

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This smells like a rat to me I wouldn't be surprised to find out these two are plants for the anti-gun group. Just take a look at the way they are dressed and flashing the guns around just isn't normal.

tulsanewb

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This smells like a rat to me I wouldn't be surprised to find out these two are plants for the anti-gun group. Just take a look at the way they are dressed and flashing the guns around just isn't normal.

I wish that were true. But I doubt it. Both sides have their fair share of attention seeking morons. Lets be clear on this, they weren't protesting or exercising their rights, they were seeking attention.

Grindstone

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Maybe you should protect your free speech by no longer speaking openly in public.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk

This has absolutely nothing to do with 2A rights, as it is private, not public property.

But it looks like some self-righteous d-bags went ahead and ruined it for everyone.

Commander Keen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My dad's been on me for years about coming back to Kansas to start a restaurant with him. If that were to happen you could bet with certainty there would be a green CCW=good on the front door. You could also be equally certain that anyone bringing a long gun into said establishment would promptly have the muzzle of a pistol shoved between their teeth while being in interrogated as to their heritage and whether it involved farm animals… That's if they were lucky. This would be for the safety of myself, my staff and my customers as well as their comfort.

So you would threaten deadly force against someone who is peacefully attempting to enjoy a meal, just because you have already decided you would feel "threatened" by them carrying a gun that is larger than what is usually carried? WTF is wrong with you?

In this situation, YOU would be the one creating a potentially deadly situation, not just for you or the rifle carrier, but for everyone unfortunate enough to be in your establishment.

This type of suggestion is absolutely appalling to me, and I can't see how you could rationally think it might be appropriate.

english kanigit

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Negative, Keen.

I would menace a person with deadly physical force who made the foolish decision of walking into my establishment with a long-arm of some kind until I was able to ascertain who they were, why they were so armed and how to get them the hell out of my establishment with a minimum of violence. Ostensibly, a long-arm is considered in the commonplace to be an offensive weapon. Why any normal and reasonable person would bring an offensive weapon, unconcealed and in plain sight into a place of business is simply beyond me. In fact, I almost cannot believe that anyone would be that stupid... even here in Oklahoma! Ergo, I would have to conclude that they are there to cause mischief at best and violence at worst. Don't like being considered stupid? Don't be stupid.

There are a great many things wrong with me but tolerating dumbassery is not one of them.

Toodles,
English kanigit

Last edited:

Grindstone

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Can we all just get one thing straight:

OC on private property is not a 2A issue! Forcing these businesses into such a heated debate serves no good to us at all. These tools need to take their OC protests/demonstrations to where it matters; the lawmakers.

n2sooners

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

OC on private property is not a 2A issue! Forcing these businesses into such a heated debate serves no good to us at all. These tools need to take their OC protests/demonstrations to where it matters; the lawmakers.

There were no signs, store policy allowed open carry which in Texas means long guns, and it wasn't an issue until some anti gun activists who likely weren't even there made a big deal about it after which many so called gun rights supporters jumped on the anti gun bandwagon throwing around personal insults and using terms like assault weapons. So who exactly is causing the problem, those obeying the law while exercising their second amendment rights, our those harping on them about it?

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk

tulsanewb

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

I completely agree. Honestly, if people want to advance OC, the best way to do it in my opinion is to dress as nicely as possible when doing it and have a well-fitting holster, like a nice boned leather holster. Whether it should be or not, people will not react the same way to a man in a dress shirt and slacks as a man with an Uncle Mikes holster with a gun falling out if it wearing a tshirt 10 sizes too large with holes in it. One will acclimate people to seeing guns, the other will draw their attention and concern. I don't OC... that's a personal choice, but if you do OC, please.. do it right. Look at the images below... do you think the first image would get the same press and reaction as the second? Whether you think the guys should be able to carry those rifles there or not... ask yourself if you think doing so will actually help the cause in ANY way... or will it hurt it?

open-carry-300x241.jpg VS chipotle-sh20514.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom