Officers warn gun owners after firearm thefts in cars

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shoot Summ

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If it's in a locked car it is in a secure storage compartment. If someone breaks into the car and steals it, that's on the criminal.

If they don't want guns left in cars, make it where you can legally carry everywhere with no exception.
Good point, I see way more stolen gun reports from folks that leave them in their vehicle in the driveway overnight. Almost everyday I see a post on social media platforms about cars tossed overnight and guns stolen.

NationalMatch

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had wondered what folks here that carry do when an establishment says no guns allowed. Just carry anyways? OR, go back to your vehicle and leave your weapon? One of the reasons I don't carry more is having to decide if I want to enter a place or risk leaving my pistol should this arise.

Some states' laws stipulate a "no guns" sign carries the weight of law. Oklahoma is not one of those states.

If a restaurant I frequent has a "no guns" sign, it means nothing in terms of the law. I carry concealed anyway, and have done nothing wrong. But if the owner of the restaurant somehow sees my sidearm and asks me to leave, and I refuse, I'm guilty of trespassing. Nothing more.

If he asks me to leave and I leave, then no law has been broken.

Now, if the "no guns" policy is already state or federal law (for particular circumstances), that's different. You cannot CCW to a sporting event in OK sign or no sign. You can't CCW into the post office. Etc.

OKRuss

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Some states' laws stipulate a "no guns" sign carries the weight of law. Oklahoma is not one of those states.

If a restaurant I frequent has a "no guns" sign, it means nothing in terms of the law. I carry concealed anyway, and have done nothing wrong. But if the owner of the restaurant somehow sees my sidearm and asks me to leave, and I refuse, I'm guilty of trespassing. Nothing more.

If he asks me to leave and I leave, then no law has been broken.

Now, if the "no guns" policy is already state or federal law (for particular circumstances), that's different. You cannot CCW to a sporting event in OK sign or no sign. You can't CCW into the post office. Etc.
Thank you.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You can apply for one after you get a nut or two cut off!!

Serious answer: Anyone can legally change their name. Probably some woke BS where a couple want to be more inclusive with each other.

I had wondered what folks here that carry do when an establishment says no guns allowed. Just carry anyways? OR, go back to your vehicle and leave your weapon? One of the reasons I don't carry more is having to decide if I want to enter a place or risk leaving my pistol should this arise.
I'm never, NEVER unarmed unless going into a federal building. Schools would be another place to avoid if I had to visit one which I haven't.

Tanis143

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The few times I leave my firearm in the vehicle I put it in a locked box with a security cable going around the driver's chair frame. Yes, a thief who knows what they are doing can get my firearm in a matter of minutes, but it makes it so a simple smash and grab will not result in my firearm being taken.

As far as the MDA fella, he can go pound sand. MDA is just another gun grabbing group.

Latest posts

Top Bottom