Gun Control Arguments Defeated

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
In light of the recent Connecticut mass killing, Larry Correia has written an effective response to gun control arguments and a proposal to protect schools. Long but worth reading and sharing. Don't stop with the samples below, click on the link and read it all.

The fallacy of gun control:
There were four mass killing attempts this week. Only one made the news because it helped the agreed upon media narrative.

Oregon. NOT a gun free zone. Shooter confronted by permit holder. Shooter commits suicide. Only a few casualties.
Texas. NOT a gun free zone. Shooter killed immediately by off duty cop. Only a few casualties.
Connecticut. GUN FREE ZONE. Shooters kills until the police arrive. Suicide. 26 dead.
China. GUN FREE COUNTRY. A guy with a KNIFE stabs 22 children.

And here is the nail in the coffin for Gun Free Zones. Over the last fifty years, with only one single exception (Gabby Giffords), every single mass shooting event with more than four casualties has taken place in a place where guns were supposedly not allowed.

On protecting schools:
Now when I say teachers carrying concealed weapons on Facebook I immediately get a bunch of emotional freak out responses. You can’t mandate teachers be armed! Guns in every classroom! Emotional response! Blood in the streets!

No. Hear me out. ..."But teachers aren’t as trained as police officers!" True, yet totally irrelevant. The teacher doesn’t need to be a SWAT cop or Navy SEAL. They need to be speed bumps.

But this leads to the inevitable shrieking and straw man arguments about guns in the classroom, and then the pacifistic minded who simply can’t comprehend themselves being mandated to carry a gun, or those that believe teachers are all too incompetent and can’t be trusted. Let me address both at one time.

Don’t make it mandatory. In my experience, the only people who are worth a darn with a gun are the ones who wish to take responsibility and carry a gun. Make it voluntary. It is rather simple. Just make it so that your state’s concealed weapons laws trump the Federal Gun Free School Zones act. All that means is that teachers who voluntarily decide to get a concealed weapons permit are capable of carrying their guns at work. Easy. Simple. Cheap. Available now.

Then they’ll say that this is impossible, and give me all sorts of terrible worst case scenarios about all of the horrors that will happen with a gun in the classroom… No problem, because this has happened before. In fact, my state laws allow for somebody with a concealed weapons permit to carry a gun in a school right now. Yes. Utah has armed teachers. We have for several years now.

Read it all here: http://larrycorreia.wordpress.com/2012/12/20/an-opinion-on-gun-control/

vicsinner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Tried to read it all last night long winded but dam good arguments to every counter of the other side. If you can't convince someone with this one tey'll never be happy.

ASP785

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Tried to read it all last night long winded but dam good arguments to every counter of the other side. If you can't convince someone with this one tey'll never be happy.

I think the problem is most people don't want to be enlightened. They are sheep and believe whatever they see and hear on TV.

Latest posts

Top Bottom