Gun Owner Phases

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
been going to Red Castle since I was 7 am 54 now.
gunsmithed for 25 years
don't sell guns anymore cause I always regret getting rid of something and then trying to replace it and it costs double.

flatwins

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My dad always had a gun or three around when we were kids. Then in the 70s, he met a former LEO and they went into business together. Dad had his FFL and sold guns to the local police and troopers. About that time, we attended the Police Athletic League where we would shoot .22 target rifles in the old police range in Enid.

Dad and I both got into black powder around this time too and I bought my first gun, a CVA derringer kit, at OTASCO at the age of 9. I then got a BP revolver at 12. In high school, I bought and sold a few guns like 12 gauge doubles, 30-30, etc. Bought a few in college, more shotguns and an SKS. Picked up a few more along the way but not too many. Bought one of the old TPD S&W 4006s since my neighbor was a detective and sold one of the ones that didn't get spoken for when they switched to Glocks.

Then...during the run-up to the last election I sorta went crazy. I do go in phases though. I like firearms of a lot of different flavors. I like historical stuff the most since I just get more fun out of the guns that tell a story from the past.

One of my favorite guns I own is a copy of the 1836 Colt Paterson. Every revolver ever made since then owes its existence to the Paterson. When I take that one to the range I know I am reliving history.

bmwguy25

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You really need to shoot USPSA. Everybody has to start somewhere, and if you announce your a novice, the top shooters will be more than willing to lend a hand or a gun to try.
Our last match at Ponca City, had a guy show up to "observe". Took a minute or so, and had him outfitted with my pistol, holster, ammo, and mag holders to shoot a stage. I was even going to pick up his entry, but the match director donated it.
I think he hooked:D
YAh I want to do run and guns with transitions from pistol to rifle. Maybe I've been watching to much nutnfancy. LOL Ive been looking around for places that do defensive rifle and tactical shooting courses. Nothing like playing GI Joe :)

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I grew up around guns and hunting. I killed my first squirell at 9 and was hooked. My guns growing up were simple,single shot .22 and a bolt 12 gauge. I never really got into guns until i was 20-21. First got an SKS,then an AK and then got into milsurp rifles. I got the milsurp rifle bug badly in 06-07. Then, in 2007 i bought another mustang off a board member here,sold nearly all my guns to finance its build, then got back into milsurp guns. And,most lately full size battle rifles like the FAL,HK93, etc etc. Since i've had my carry permit i keep experimenting with different pistols to carry. With me it goes in phases what my interests are. I thought about having a small movie gun collection like having a S&W 4506-1 like denzel washington carried in training day then getting a s&w model 60 with faux ivory grips like on running scared and a ruger super redhawk alaskan 2.5in like the rock carries in faster.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom