Gun Owner Phases

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I never was a big time hunter but I've done enough of it that if I had to do it for survival, it wouldn't be no biggie.

I always said a man needs basically FOUR or maybe FIVE firearms.

1. A basic sidearm.

2. A hideout/back-up pistol/revolver.

3. A good rifle that can double for defense as well as food gathering (large animals).

4. A good scattergun that can double as a defensive weapon as well as for food gathering (large and small birds).

The fifth firearm being maybe a small bore rifle, like a .22LR or so for small game.

A man also needs a good folding knife, a fixed blade, a compact multi-tool and a flashlight (or two).

Traveler

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
1. Grew up hunting with shotguns
2. Inherited my grandfather's shotguns +1 family heirloom antebellum percussion cap
3. Sold my newer rifles and small gauge guns when I moved overseas
4. Rediscovered my love for guns as I moved back to the US after my dad gave me his old .25 Raven
5. Started buying pistols here and there. Friends and family started GIVING me their guns!!!!!!!
6. Bought my first rifle in 25 years or so this year (Mosin Nagant)
7. Finally bought my #1 wishlist gun: Walther PPK (primary CCW)
8. Frustrated that I don't have enough time (or money) to shoot as much as I want
9. Trying to decide whether or not I want to get an FFL
10. Frustrated I didn't buy a bunch of guns and ammo before BHO started his regime

NINEROUND

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I usually buy and trade for the stuff that suits my eye at the time. Had a .22 waiting on me before I was born. Never did much until I was a teenager and then started getting into guns more. It has been all down hill since then, although I seem to be slowing down a little....

kevin brown

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well I have been into guns my hole life as a kid toy guns every where I went. Dad Got me my first rifle a 22 single shot when I was 7. Still have it. Then he got me first pistol when I was 14 a Ruger MK 2 still have that. So I never out grew guns, knives, ammo, I just keep going building ARs up to 11 now. And I'm not telling how many other weapons I have.

indi

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Grew up in a apartment with no guns. Was raised with the impression only cops and robbers have guns. Then meet friends father who was neither cop nor robber. he took me to range(just me and friends father) and we shot, and shot and shot! Thank you Art. Borrowed "guns and ammo" (magazine) from Art, and read and read and read. Turned 21 applied for F.O.I.D, started to go to range twice a week and rent and shoot everything the range offered for several years. Turned 25 bought p12.45 which I read about in first guns and ammo magazine I opened bought shotgun, then went dorment, no more purchases, spent money going to bars and trying to impress girls. Turned 28 got married, turned 30 made baby, moved to Oklahoma. Bought and sold several guns, started reloading, bought more guns, now I'm just waiting for ZOMBIES while I check armslist for a good deal. Took NRA basic pistol instructor course and am applying for cleet card so I can teach ccw to gujurati speaking Indians and anyone who wants to learn about guns. O yeah discovered NFA ITEMS, wanting to sbr a rifles and buy suppressors. Still growing the courage to go to a run and gun competition.

Buddhaman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
1. Kinda grew up around guns but was never really interested in them
2. Got to college, played alot more "shooter" games and learned what I could about the different ones I was using in the games.
3. Dad gave me his old Davis Ind. P-32 that needed a firing pin and a few small parts so I fixed it up.
4. Bought a 1911 that fit my price range and bought some ammo before showing it to my dad.
5. Shot both guns and was fairly beaten by my father in accuracy (something about him being in the Marines for 22 years and carrying a 1911 for awhile while I only shot 1 time...). Learned the 1911 was lovely and the P-32 wasn't worth my time.
6. Bought a Mosin thanks to Honeybee's group buy. First rifle owned and I'll probably never get rid of it.
7. Got the black-gun fever and was deciding between an AK47 and an AR15, ended up with a bullpup AK.
8. Am now the current gun-guru of the family due to internet skills (aka the ability to look things up and learn all I can about said things).
9. Waiting to buy guns when I have more money. Still not sure how I'm going to store things if anybody in the family dies (lots of guns, only 1 child with any interest in them...).

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
indi said:
Still growing the courage to go to a run and gun competition.
You really need to shoot USPSA. Everybody has to start somewhere, and if you announce your a novice, the top shooters will be more than willing to lend a hand or a gun to try.
Our last match at Ponca City, had a guy show up to "observe". Took a minute or so, and had him outfitted with my pistol, holster, ammo, and mag holders to shoot a stage. I was even going to pick up his entry, but the match director donated it.
I think he hooked:D

elwoodtrix

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You really need to shoot USPSA. Everybody has to start somewhere, and if you announce your a novice, the top shooters will be more than willing to lend a hand or a gun to try.
Our last match at Ponca City, had a guy show up to "observe". Took a minute or so, and had him outfitted with my pistol, holster, ammo, and mag holders to shoot a stage. I was even going to pick up his entry, but the match director donated it.

that's Badass Dennis...

indi

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
. I definitely gonna give it a try.

mightymouse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've finally reached the stage where I not only know what I want, but I have what I want. The bad part is that I now have multiple copies of what I want, and find it hard not to want even more than that. I'm a bit past the pair and a spare.....

Latest posts

Top Bottom