Gun Owners of America has just emailed me a message regarding Kyle:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AlongCameJones

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah, his friend and Kyle both made the mistake of admitting to a straw man purchase. All they had to say was the guy gifted him the rifle and there would not have been any charges that would have stuck to his friend. His friend is now going to go down for a straw man purchase, which is a felony, and lose his own right to own firearms. They could also probably try to level charges against Kyle for it as well.
I just hate it whenever the 2nd A is felonized. It seems as the judge dropped some "weapons charge" in the Rittenhouse trial case anyway.

Jason Freeland

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So, the rifle was merely borrowed from Black to Rittenhouse? Is it a crime to even lend a rifle to a minor? Is it a crime if a 12-year-old boy borrows his dad's shotgun to go dove hunting?
I believe they admitted that Rittenhouse paid for the rifle and Black purchased it for him, since he was underage. Hence the strawman purchase.

AlongCameJones

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I believe they admitted that Rittenhouse paid for the rifle and Black purchased it for him, since he was underage. Hence the strawman purchase.
It's a rifle, not a handgun. Underage boys get rifles and shotguns for Christmas all the time. Is there any crime there? Naturally, long guns given to children as presents weren't stolen. Stealing is a crime. Unless a stolen gun was involved, I see no crime here. Mr. Rittenhouse got a long gun as a present from a friend as far as I'm concerned.

Latest posts

Top Bottom