Gun raffle fundraiser advice

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sooner Wing

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am looking at doing a gun raffle fundraiser to raise some money for my sons baseball team to be used for new equipment and tournament fees. I am trying to determine what kind of weapon would get the best response (ticket sales). Also, do you think that you would be more inclined to purchase ticket(s) if you knew that there were going to be a definitive number of tickets sold (meaning that you would know what your chances of winning are based on the number of tickets you purchased)? I am hoping that I can find a company to donate a gun in exchange for the insane amount of marketing that will go on via email, social media, and print material for this raffle. We will also be hanging up a large banner at each game we play this season all across the city. Tickets will be $10 to $15 based on the cost of the gun.

Guns being considered:
Smith and Wesson SD40VE 40SW
Colt 1911-22
Beretta Nano 9MM
Ruger American 308
Ruger 10/22 Tactical
Mossberg 500 12GA

Or suggest another weapon around the $400 - $500 price point that would motivate you to purchase a ticket.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We are raffling a Weatherby Upland 12ga. Had very good response, Something not available at wally-world. Tickets are $5 or 5 for $20, more people willing to pop $5. No limit on the number of tickets, limited number can be as much of a negative as a positive IMHO.

sting75ray

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Last year I told my wife that I wanted to buy a rifle and raffle it off for our youth trap and rifle club. Just happens that this year at the Friends of NRA Banquet on March 2nd I won a Henry 22 Mag so we decided to raffle it off. So far we have sold close to 600.00 worth of tickets. 10.00 each or 2 for 15. The first guy I hit up bought 150.00 worth of tickets. We are not putting a limit on the number we sell, if the people don't like the high odds they don't have to buy. Before I won the Henry I was looking at buying a 10/22 for the raffle.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I would think this would be a great way for a gun shop or dealer to advertise. For that matter it would be cheap advertisement for any business to donate a firearm for a raffle like this.

I think a long gun would be the best choice, as long as it's not one of the evil black ones, since so many people are afraid of handguns.

I wouldn't put a limit on the number of tickets sold, just a firm date for the drawing so people know what to expect.

fustigate

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think a long gun would be the best choice, as long as it's not one of the evil black ones, since so many people are afraid of handguns.

My two cents: scary black ones might send the wrong message to people who are already confused about scary black guns, so an HD shotty or 10/22 sounds like a good plan. Especially if the 10/22 was like a starter set: brick of ammo, some targets, glasses, ear plugs, cleaning kit, etc.

hipshot

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Our Masonic Lodge did 2 guns, A Remington 870 Express and a Remington R-1 1911 at $10.00 per ticket and sold all 272 tickets in a weeks time and could sell more but we already agreed to 272 total before we started. When people get 2 chances it really helps. Good luck and post it when you do your raffle and I will buy tickets.

Powerman620

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We have a turkey/tactical shotgun, a s&w series e 45 and a set of Goodyear tires for a giveaway coming up. For a $5 donation get a ticket or 5 tickets for $20. The S&W sells the tickets, really sweet pistol.

Latest posts

Top Bottom