This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tinytim

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So today I finally believe that my gun was lost, I hate I’ve carried this gun on my neck for 35 years it’s a little North American arms 22 magnum five shot stainless revolver I drilled a hole in the grips ran a little piece of dog tag train through it take some 550 cord pulled out the strands and replaced it with a dog tag. So I started carrying this gun 35 years ago, As one of my back ups and off duty guns, last weekend I was at my cabin working on the airboat I was wearing a tank top shirt and my gun kept coming out and getting in the way and banging against metal crap so I took it out put it in my pocket and I thought that I had put it in my truck center consul but the more I have reflected over this I thought that possibly while I was out trail riding along the Cimmaron river that it had came out of my pocket and went through the shakeout hole in my Polaris razor. So as I said I finally gave end of the idea that it was gone I’ve had everybody looking for it this morning about 10 AM I get a phone call and I had just literally come to the conclusion that it was gone and I never see it again and again I truly love well that phone call so hi I’m from the SHOOTER SHOP in Bristow Oklahoma and I said did you find my gun and he responded with no but you won a gun, He went on to tell me that the raffle ticket I had bought for the American legion fundraiser admitted me a new Springfield armory hellcat 9 mm micro compact with the highest round Capacity we chatted for a couple more minutes and I told him I’d be up in the next week to get it, probably 10 minutes later the phone rings again and he’s once again from the shooter shop At 207 South Main Bristow Oklahoma, you’ll have to pardon the plug I feel really good about this place, anway he told me he was going to sweeten the deal In the shooter Shaq was going to throw in 100 rounds of 9 mm so I was feeling pretty good about winning that gun and getting free ammo and about an hour later my 16-year-old daughter Kylee Came in and asked me if my truck was locked in winter no she grabbed the keys she went outside she came back in and she had that little impish smile that she’s telegraphs so well, she asked me if the $20 reward for the whoever finds that gun is still in the foot and I told her it was she pulled the gun out of her pocket with the bright orange 550 cord that I couldn’t find in the consul of my truck she got her 20 I got my gun and I would’ve given her quite a bit more reward but the day before she called me and said daddy I love you, that’s always a alarm bell, when I backed into your Cadillac dad I only broke out the headlamp and I when I asked her if it was all the damage goes well the fenders mountain a little bit too so 20 bucks it is very getting ending to this day. I hope you all as well will win again that’s the third one I have one in about 15 years maybe I’m just lucky. Tim

Catt57

Gill-Gun Guru
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Glad you got it back and had a wonderful day to boot.

Reminds me of the time my mom lost the diamond out of her wedding ring. No idea where it had gone and no hope of finding something so small. Several days later we were sitting at the dinner table and mom takes a drink from her glass and nearly chokes from the gasp she made. Right there, in her drink, frozen in an ice cube, was the diamond. Somehow the drink made it stand out plain as day against the ice. It must have fallen out when she was filling the ice tray and then got put in the freezer. The odds of not only seeing it frozen in ice, but the fact it was in her drink, must be astronomical.

Profreedomokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm a very organized person to the point of being anal about my stuff according to friends. Nothing bothers me more than to lose something or misplace it. There is a place for everything, and everything should be in its place. Glad you found your gun.

montesa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm a very organized person to the point of being anal about my stuff according to friends. Nothing bothers me more than to lose something or misplace it. There is a place for everything, and everything should be in its place. Glad you found your gun.
I have become the same way over the years. I love things to at least be mostly organized. When I was doing a lot of remodeling, I spent what seemed like half the time cleaning the place and organizing all the materials and tools. If things don’t have a good spot, I also kinda think they’re getting ruined.

Shoot Summ

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Must be the week,,,

I was carrying the Glock 42 last week, over the weekend I realized it wasn't in any of the usual places I put a carry gun. I started retracing my steps and was pretty convinced it dropped out of my pocket at Home Depot when I was crawling under a rack to get a giant tarp Thursday evening. I was getting ready to go to the Depot and look under that rack yesterday morning when I made another pass through my office. I thought I had pulled my keyboard drawer out and looked, apparently I didn't really pull it out, just saw that it appeared there was nothing behind the keyboard. Rolled it out one last time yesterday before my walk of shame into the Depot and there was the little 42 sitting behind the keyboard. I must have cleaned my desk off and put it there at some point, and forgot that I did.

Latest posts

Top Bottom